23 hours ago, mackem said:

Just got home from a day out,my missus said there's a delivery came for you,odd as I haven't ordered anything,she had only bought me a new bow in the correct colour and draw length for my mountain lion hunt this coming winter,probably have to take her to Louis Vuitton shopping but that's cool,can't wait to get this set up and see the groupings ?

IMG_20190322_145050.jpg

very nice makem  they have great reviews 

• Like 1

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We all have out beginnings with hunting, -and bow hunting was no different or me. When I turned 14, the population of deer in Kansas was just getting to the point of being huntable. Remember all the

Just got home from a day out,my missus said there's a delivery came for you,odd as I haven't ordered anything,she had only bought me a new bow in the correct colour and draw length for my mountain lio

Posted Images

3 hours ago, greg64 said:

very nice makem  they have great reviews 

Stunning bow mate,drew it today at quicks,smooth is the word ? its in optifade sub-alpine so I am going to order the sight and accessories from the states so I get a colour match,i was in the archery store earlier speaking to the instore tech guy,he is going to fine tune it and set it up ?

IMG_20190323_123643.jpg

On 23/03/2019 at 00:13, Ted Newgent said:

This a pic from last year

this doesnt do it justice to how bad it is when the bears get the bait out of the barrels 

a other bait site was trashed 

it was like a T rex had gone thru there.

i know he has a really nice big black bear with a V in white on his chest coming in.

some yank was after it and got giddy and shot the wrong bear lol

IMG_5493.JPG

Not got a broblem with bow hunting but them bait sites are bollox how can people call it hunting sitting quiet waiting for an animal come to a food source that it has been for days and then shootout , no skill involved in that cantrealy call it hunting .

but each to there own and I’m not going to start telling people how to hunt 

27 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Not got a broblem with bow hunting but them bait sites are bollox how can people call it hunting sitting quiet waiting for an animal come to a food source that it has been for days and then shootout , no skill involved in that cantrealy call it hunting .

but each to there own and I’m not going to start telling people how to hunt 

i know exactly what you are saying about bait site hunting.

if you were to grab your bow and slowly walk thru the bush expecting to walk on a bear,best of luck,that is highly unlikely.

this is how hunting is over here.

this piece of bush is huge,you could walk for days and not see a damn thing

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

i know exactly what you are saying about bait site hunting.

if you were to grab your bow and slowly walk thru the bush expecting to walk on a bear,best of luck,that is highly unlikely.

this is how hunting is over here.

this piece of bush is huge,you could walk for days and not see a damn thing

Like I said I wouldn’t tell people how to hunt , for me it just seems abit fish in a barrel kinda thing but I respect that the ground is vast so hunts could take days but surely then kind of hunts aren’t for food So you could spend days hunting a trophy bear , 

49 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Like I said I wouldn’t tell people how to hunt , for me it just seems abit fish in a barrel kinda thing but I respect that the ground is vast so hunts could take days but surely then kind of hunts aren’t for food So you could spend days hunting a trophy bear , 

you could spend days weeks or 5 mins waiting for the trophy bear.

luck of the draw.

you stick the bait out with a cam.bait and wait,check the cam to see whats coming in.

everything can be fine and dandy with the trophy bear coming in,you go down there and the bugger has done one

exactly the same circumstances hunting whitetail deer.

but sometimes you can get a nice surprise and something just turns up outta of the blue.

i have baited wild boars,had them coming in everyday at 4pm for 4 days straight,i go down there,nowt to be seen lol

• Like 3
On 24/03/2019 at 22:23, Ted Newgent said:

you could spend days weeks or 5 mins waiting for the trophy bear.

luck of the draw.

you stick the bait out with a cam.bait and wait,check the cam to see whats coming in.

everything can be fine and dandy with the trophy bear coming in,you go down there and the bugger has done one

exactly the same circumstances hunting whitetail deer.

but sometimes you can get a nice surprise and something just turns up outta of the blue.

i have baited wild boars,had them coming in everyday at 4pm for 4 days straight,i go down there,nowt to be seen lol

It’s our smell mate we stink and don’t no it, even the invisible cameras give out my smell for a week or two after putting them out??

0C4B1349-E8B6-4E5E-B2A5-3850C605ADE6.jpeg

• Like 1

Sadly neither spelthorne archers nor Quicks offer high angled targets mate,but I am sure I will manage,if it's obscured or I don't feel confident I will try and angle round or some guide allow the cat to re-tree in an easier location,don't know how that works but I have read about it,Brit ranges are sterile.

IMG_20190323_123643.jpg

• Like 2

I saw something on telly a while back that there were places in England set out like a round of golf but through woodland and instead of a hole there were 18 targets for archery, hi low long and short, they were saying it’s going to be the next big thing, obviously it was,nt but maybe there are still a few about if you feel the urge ??

• Like 1

so my mate has just secured more land for his outfitting buisness

23,000 more acres in the provincial forest (not exactly how many acres he has now)

plus exclusive rights to the adjoining farmland (pending landowners permission)

so 100 whitetail tags

3 bear tags

5 zones for duck/geese hunting

and outfitting rights on a lake

i will start a separate thread once i start bear baiting,with more info.

grab ya bows fellas.........i will look after any of you who want to head over here

• Like 5
On 26/03/2019 at 17:29, Greyman said:

It’s our smell mate we stink and don’t no it, even the invisible cameras give out my smell for a week or two after putting them out??

Same camera after a couple of weeks ??nothing stops for a sniff anymore and animals going about there business as normal, the cameras are a brilliant tool for learning about animals behaviour, and just how much our presence changes it? Hope your new project takes off ted looking forward to your thread and plenty of pics mate ??

8D6F87E2-1649-473F-A27D-4B33BF9335F4.jpeg

On 26/03/2019 at 17:29, Greyman said:

Greyman do you not think over here its abit different with animals bieng used to cars machinery going under over fences youd think they be used to smells of things in it not the infra red on the camera they can sense ? 

Is that a buck in first photo if not any ideas why there abit ragged round the neck ?

You would think so mate, but they seem to be able to pick us out, the cameras,though I don’t set the dates have the time and date  on each picture and the amount of times I see animals stood in front of the cameras then shoot off about 20 mins before I arrive and often re appear around the same length of time after I have gone is quite spookie, plus they always sniff the cameras for the first week then ignore them after so I think it is about our smell, the same thing happens with red IR or the black ones which are totally invisible, it’s a hind mate the scruffy necks is were the hind legs reach to for a good scratch and as they are loosing the winter coat it comes out in chunks, all the roe have it at the moment and on the videos you can see it happening, something else I learned through the cameras ???

Edited by Greyman