1 hour ago, mackem said:

Just got home from a day out,my missus said there's a delivery came for you,odd as I haven't ordered anything,she had only bought me a new bow in the correct colour and draw length for my mountain lion hunt this coming winter,probably have to take her to Louis Vuitton shopping but that's cool,can't wait to get this set up and see the groupings ?

So your going to shoot a  very big potentially very angry cat with a bow and arrow?

• Like 1

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We all have out beginnings with hunting, -and bow hunting was no different or me. When I turned 14, the population of deer in Kansas was just getting to the point of being huntable. Remember all the

Just got home from a day out,my missus said there's a delivery came for you,odd as I haven't ordered anything,she had only bought me a new bow in the correct colour and draw length for my mountain lio

Posted Images

Met a fella today who paid £1500 for an airbow.  The cops have taken it off him and reckon it’s a firearm.....don’t think legislation covers it at the moment......watch this space.....

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, bell said:

Met a fella today who paid £1500 for an airbow.  The cops have taken it off him and reckon it’s a firearm.....don’t think legislation covers it at the moment......watch this space.....

Keep us informed as his case progresses,if they are legal I will get one :)

My view is that they are legal at the moment....as the arrow/bolt doesn’t travel down the barrel this is key......have written evidence from basc that they don’t think its a firearm....

Good luck on your cat hunt mate, watched a few and some of those Toms are feckin huge......take it you will hunt and tree with dogs ?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, bell said:

My view is that they are legal at the moment....as the arrow/bolt doesn’t travel down the barrel this is key......have written evidence from basc that they don’t think its a firearm....

Good luck on your cat hunt mate, watched a few and some of those Toms are feckin huge......take it you will hunt and tree with dogs ?

Yes mate,dogs and hopefully find a cat to tree or bay,not about killing the cat,its the cumulative experience,dogs singing etc.Some of those airbows are incredibly powerfull jim shockey shot a north American bison with one.

6 hours ago, mackem said:

Just got home from a day out,my missus said there's a delivery came for you,odd as I haven't ordered anything,she had only bought me a new bow in the correct colour and draw length for my mountain lion hunt this coming winter,probably have to take her to Louis Vuitton shopping but that's cool,can't wait to get this set up and see the groupings ?

IMG_20190322_145050.jpg

I should be guiding americans on bears this coming May. Maybe some of them will be using a bow but i am taking either my semi auto rifle or shotgun 

not taking any chances

best of luck hunting the cat with the bow.

• Like 3

For definite it’s got to be the whole experience and the ones I’ve seen look hard work to get to the point where a cat is treed.  What you going to do with the carcas?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

I should be guiding americans on bears this coming May. Maybe some of them will be using a bow but i am taking either my semi auto rifle or shotgun 

not taking any chances

best of luck hunting the cat with the bow.

Baited ted?Seen some decent bear hunts advertised in sask :)

8 minutes ago, bell said:

For definite it’s got to be the whole experience and the ones I’ve seen look hard work to get to the point where a cat is treed.  What you going to do with the carcas?

Skin and skull back to the UK mate,i have been told cat meat is incredible,i have eaten household cat in the PI,it was edible but not cooked so good so I wouldn't have called it incredible but puma is supposed to be great :)

51357589_10218933163345833_9194529823928614912_n.jpg

• Haha 2

Nice to have something physical to remember the occasion by.....funny isn’t it, I would imagine most people’s reaction to eating puma or bear would be no thanks....but they do say it’s really good eating....that’s going to be a trip of a lifetime ..

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, mackem said:

Baited ted?Seen some decent bear hunts advertised in sask :)

Skin and skull back to the UK mate,i have been told cat meat is incredible,i have eaten household cat in the PI,it was edible but not cooked so good so I wouldn't have called it incredible but puma is supposed to be great :)

51357589_10218933163345833_9194529823928614912_n.jpg

yeah its all over bait sites

i thought i posted a few pics last year

but i will start a new thread when i get the call to start work.

45 gallon drums full of meat scraps and gallons of used cooking oil.

bait sites are a fckn mess with all the bones everywhere.i will see if i can find some pics.

my mate runs a deer/bear outfitting business here in sask,he a good guy and a really good friend.

he has a really nice setup and has invested a serious amount of cash into this.

i will dig his website out later

• Like 1

This a pic from last year

this doesnt do it justice to how bad it is when the bears get the bait out of the barrels 

a other bait site was trashed 

it was like a T rex had gone thru there.

i know he has a really nice big black bear with a V in white on his chest coming in.

some yank was after it and got giddy and shot the wrong bear lol

IMG_5493.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1