• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We all have out beginnings with hunting, -and bow hunting was no different or me. When I turned 14, the population of deer in Kansas was just getting to the point of being huntable. Remember all the

Just got home from a day out,my missus said there's a delivery came for you,odd as I haven't ordered anything,she had only bought me a new bow in the correct colour and draw length for my mountain lio

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, greg64 said:

I've just bought a new bow a Mathews compound and I can't draw it back I'm  a right hander and my left shoulder that I had operated on years ago just won't take it if I hold it my right hand and draw it with my left its fine so now i'm going to have to look for a left hander which will be weird as I have always shot right handed i'm gutted as it's a cracking bow 

Yeah that'd f**k me right up, mostly from eye dominance. Is it a permanent injury then, not an injury/weakness that you can work on?

It's odd that you can draw with your bad shoulder but can't simply support with it. I guess ypur drawing shoulder is in a stronger position than it is when supporting the bow.

Shit one mate.

Thought you might like this born,frank noska took this in Alaska last week,self-guided hunt as he is a resident,flew his little tail dragger into the wilderness and took a bear without rifle back-up.

33029702_1838301709808948_7557099763103956992_n.jpg

• Thanks 5
15 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Yeah that'd f**k me right up, mostly from eye dominance. Is it a permanent injury then, not an injury/weakness that you can work on?

It's odd that you can draw with your bad shoulder but can't simply support with it. I guess ypur drawing shoulder is in a stronger position than it is when supporting the bow.

Shit one mate.

suffered from a reacuring dislocation for years and had to get all of my ligaments and tendons  shortened after a motor bike accident so I have always protected that arm ,because it has dislocated since the op ,luckily didn't spend a fortune on it .it was a second hand sq2 so it was quite an old model and didn't cost a lot but a really nice bow in  good nik so a bit pissed  off ,but learning to use a lefty is going to be challenging I wil have to get over the eye dominance in favour of my good shoulder ,so looking for a lefty now ?

Edited by greg64
  • Like 2
28 minutes ago, mackem said:

Thought you might like this born,frank noska took this in Alaska last week,self-guided hunt as he is a resident,flew his little tail dragger into the wilderness and took a bear without rifle back-up.

that's a big one,will his little tail  dragger lift that back to the taxidermist

12 hours ago, mackem said:

What a hunt that'd have been eh! I think I'd have made an effort to get the beast into a more photogenic position mind, lol.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, greg64 said:

i bet even turning it  over would be hard work, never mind skinning it and hiking back to your plane its head and skin  alone must weigh a lot

Your senses would need to be on high alert, from what little I have seen as soon as you kill a bear all the other bears come to eat it!

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, greg64 said:

i bet even turning it  over would be hard work, never mind skinning it and hiking back to your plane its head and skin  alone must weigh a lot

He actually said he couldn't roll it over alone.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Better than Eva Shockey imo. I imagine a shitload of folks on seeing this will instantly judge her and conclude something negative. I'd only say listen to her on a podcast. Imo she's a great ambassador for hunting. Same as Adam Greentree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Better than Eva Shockey imo. I imagine a shitload of folks on seeing this will instantly judge her and conclude something negative. I'd only say listen to her on a podcast. Imo she's a great ambassador for hunting. Same as Adam Greentree.

Heres the footage for that particular gator hunt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 8 months later...
On 22/05/2018 at 21:18, greg64 said:

not with my bank balance  mackem lol

Just got home from a day out,my missus said there's a delivery came for you,odd as I haven't ordered anything,she had only bought me a new bow in the correct colour and draw length for my mountain lion hunt this coming winter,probably have to take her to Louis Vuitton shopping but that's cool,can't wait to get this set up and see the groupings ?

IMG_20190322_145050.jpg

• Like 7