I hunted unguided in NZ last year, had more success being taken out by the locals though. It's big country to learn in one trip

What were you hunting and how? Did you have contacts over there or made your own once there?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We all have out beginnings with hunting, -and bow hunting was no different or me. When I turned 14, the population of deer in Kansas was just getting to the point of being huntable. Remember all the

Just got home from a day out,my missus said there's a delivery came for you,odd as I haven't ordered anything,she had only bought me a new bow in the correct colour and draw length for my mountain lio

Posted Images

anyone can bowhunt in france also, unguided with certain permits. the language barrier is a problem though. i still cant find the right department to get a permit LOL

one problem with unguided hunts, is it takes a long time to learn an area and find game.

You need the federation des chasse for the departament you want to hunt in. You can get a tourist type permit I believe if you have a hunting liscense they recognise from another country.

Bow hunting my be an add on to that though as I had to do seperate bow test/permit here.

Hello Waz

did you do the ibep course ?

what was it like ? what did you have to do ?

was there any tests ?

cheers Dan

• Like 1

I hunted unguided in NZ last year, had more success being taken out by the locals though. It's big country to learn in one trip

Were you bowhunting mate?Did you get a result?If you were shooting did someone just loan you a rifle?

I love this,in UK we rough shoot pheasant,in NZ its peacocks :laugh:

• Like 2

anyone can bowhunt in france also, unguided with certain permits. the language barrier is a problem though. i still cant find the right department to get a permit LOL

one problem with unguided hunts, is it takes a long time to learn an area and find game.

You need the federation des chasse for the departament you want to hunt in. You can get a tourist type permit I believe if you have a hunting liscense they recognise from another country.

Bow hunting my be an add on to that though as I had to do seperate bow test/permit here.

Hello Waz

did you do the ibep course ?

what was it like ? what did you have to do ?

was there any tests ?

cheers Dan

I dont know what the ibep test is! so I guess I havent done it. Ive got the french hunting license and the additional bow hunting ticket which is a day course with no test. The main permit/license is 3 classroom sessions with a theory test & 1 field session and a practical test.

• Like 2

Daniel I have just been shooting a recurve at the gamefair,fingers is totally alien to me,release and compound is far easier,i can see myself buying a recurve though,lot of fun and very basic :thumbs:

• Like 1

Its addictive aint it

it takes a long time to master a trad bow, but feels good when you start mastering it .

Feels fecking excellant when you kill a big animal with one LOL

I have 2 hoyt dorados and 1 is for sale .

the riser is new and the 40# limbs are used but in v good condition

post-104559-0-72722600-1501256615_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

actually I am left handed , but i shoot right handed in guns and bows.

fyo theres some new left handed dorados on fleabay from usa ,at reasonable prices ,if they willing to send as GIFT could be a bargain.

hoyt have stop making dorados now,

i just got a new dorado in 45# from usa, but i only want the limbs so right hand riser is in for sale cupboard along with 40# limbs.

Cant beat a take down recurve LOL

• Like 1

Stratford archers who are doing the field archery bit at the CLA over the weekend had a left hand recurve today,i can do a recurve course at quicks for around £100 I think,that was for I think either 5 or 7 lessons,Quicks are actually looking for an archery savvy staff member at the moment,i will do that and we should be in Canada during the winter so I will have a look round cabelas or larcherot or one of the other close archery stores.

i would practice yourself and choose a method that your comfortable with. You can buy dvd,s called masters of the barebow VOL 1,2,3 and 4 you can learn a lot from watching them

I shoot 3 fingers under and gap shoot using the arrow as a sight which works best for me

• Like 1

I went to Quicks yesterday mate,it was sunday so there was only 2 guys in the shop recurve lessons are £15 an hour for a 6 hour course,i am booking this week,the instructor is in Thursdays and Fridays,they had some beautiful recurves that oozed quality.