Stiff,if your going down the bowtech route i was in cabelas last week at the black fridaynsale,there was a bowtech/cabelas model in the bargain cave for a tad under 300 dollars,also consider going the used route,some archers are like the uk carp angling tackle tarts and buy a new bow each year,last years elite models are often for sale at bargain prices,not bare bow but fully kitted up,look in the classifieds in forums such as archerytalk etc.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We all have out beginnings with hunting, -and bow hunting was no different or me. When I turned 14, the population of deer in Kansas was just getting to the point of being huntable. Remember all the

Just got home from a day out,my missus said there's a delivery came for you,odd as I haven't ordered anything,she had only bought me a new bow in the correct colour and draw length for my mountain lio

Posted Images

It'll never be lifted which is a shame considering you can bow hunt all over the rest of the Anglosphere, a chunk of Europe and Africa. Makes you wonder what the potential revenue would be from bowhunting tourism. It's massive in the States with the likes of Shockey and Cam Hanes etc and with the UK's relative high density deer populations I imagine those high wealth tourists would love to come here and get a load of hunting in.

by

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

It'll never be lifted which is a shame considering you can bow hunt all over the rest of the Anglosphere, a chunk of Europe and Africa. Makes you wonder what the potential revenue would be from bowhunting tourism. It's massive in the States with the likes of Shockey and Cam Hanes etc and with the UK's relative high density deer populations I imagine those high wealth tourists would love to come here and get a load of hunting in. by

Not quite sure why you have just copied my post and added 'by' to the end fella? :blink:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I choose for themselves a gun instead of a bow for my hunting trip.
Of course, a bow will have the advantage of not emitting noises make other prey flee. But it seems that a gun would easier to use

Local laws here are a gun cannot used near a building but a bow can, thats why I got a bow license, just not had the chance to get into it yet.

• 5 months later...

Your draw length is 27.5 with a 60+lb pull,thats cool,but the second hand market in the UK is tiny compared to the US market which is awash with bargains :yes: some people change their bows annually and you can pick up a bow that 2 seasons back was the must have for a considerable discount,register with archerytalk and ship one over,your going to save cash :yes:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5180089

• Like 4

Hi how did you find out your draw length ? as you might have more luck finding a used bow with a 28" draw as not all compounds can be adjusted to draw length without changing cams.

also try for sale section of archeryinterchange forum uk

cheers Dan

• Like 2

Hi how did you find out your draw length ? as you might have more luck finding a used bow with a 28" draw as not all compounds can be adjusted to draw length without changing cams.

cheers Dan

Just an estimate/calculation based on height and arm span from one of the US archery websites.

• Like 1

cheers Dan

Just an estimate/calculation based on height and arm span from one of the US archery websites.

ok that can work.

i would visit the local archery shop and get them to measure you properly to be exact .

also draw your bow with a arrow nocked and get a friend to measure arrow from inside nock groove to inside riser grip +1 3/4" ( back of shelf )should be close as well

cheers

• Like 3

Lot of interesting characters out there,check out Frank Noska or jack frost,Tom Miranda is a hard act to follow,or tim wells who is off the scale he has taken a baboon and warthog on film with a blow-gun and hunted in argentina for doves etc with a boomerang,he even filmed his own obituary as he lay bleeding from a spear wound in africa..... :blink: