Kyboy go to Walmart or any other box store and by a daisy f16 for about 7.00 bucks.....cut the yellow bands off it that it comes with and get the pink tapered barets and put on.....then go to the dollar store and spend five dollars on marbles. Hang a sheet up put a soda can in front of that, stand back about 15 feet and start shooting. For under twenty dollars you can have a great starter setup.......now go to YouTube look up bill Hayes how to shoot a sling shot video......after that look up simpleshot shooting sports.....joint put much thought into it just shoot at cans and golf balls so when you do go out hunting with your sling shot you will be ready.....have fun

• Like 1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I personally wpould not have problem eating the ones around here. I live in a agricultural area so a lot of the diet would be wheat and barley. As far filthy birds go chicken aren't exactly cosmolatai

only David I think mate

I was out the other day with our ppsg's and we shot 9 squirrels a pigeon and 2 ducks with dankung 2050 and 9.5 steel balls

Posted Images

Kyboy go to Walmart or any other box store and by a daisy f16 for about 7.00 bucks.....cut the yellow bands off it that it comes with and get the pink tapered barets and put on.....then go to the dollar store and spend five dollars on marbles. Hang a sheet up put a soda can in front of that, stand back about 15 feet and start shooting. For under twenty dollars you can have a great starter setup.......now go to YouTube look up bill Hayes how to shoot a sling shot video......after that look up simpleshot shooting sports.....joint put much thought into it just shoot at cans and golf balls so when you do go out hunting with your sling shot you will be ready.....have fun

That looks like the ones we have over here

Give it a go mate :thumbs:

Sliced pigeon breast on a salad is nice.

You can spot a woody by the white collar and white stripe on the wings.

Don't eat a feral pigeon, they're horrible little things - flying rats.

Well there is a bunch that stays around the barn at my cousin's I have to get a good look at them to be sure

The research I have done. I don't believe we have wood pigeons here in the states. From what I gather what we call pigeons are actually rock doves.....but we still call them pigeons I have never eaten one yet but I don't see why they would be any different than any other game bird.

Well there is a bunch that stays around the barn at my cousin's I have to get a good look at them to be sure

The research I have done. I don't believe we have wood pigeons here in the states. From what I gather what we call pigeons are actually rock doves.....but we still call them pigeons I have never eaten one yet but I don't see why they would be any different than any other game bird.
Yep, I've just had a look. I don't think you guys get Wood Pigeon.

Also, it looks like the Rock Dove is what we call a Feral Pigeon or, a flying rat.

By all means have fun shooting it but, don't eat it.

Wood Pigeons generally live in trees and eat leaves and berries etc.

Feral Pigeons live anywhere - overhangs on buildings, factory roofs etc. They're happy to live right by large piles of their own excrement and, will eat any old crap.

• Like 1

I personally wpould not have problem eating the ones around here. I live in a agricultural area so a lot of the diet would be wheat and barley. As far filthy birds go chicken aren't exactly cosmolatain lol.....but I would not have guilty feelings if I shot it and left it lay.......crows and coyotes. Need a easy meal at times ........Of course I will eat most anything at least once.

• Like 2