Toon Army

Great result today for the lads!!

Longy do you think the toon can surpass the 1st position of 102 points they manage'd back in 09-10 season resulting in promotion? It'll be interesting to see if they beat it, who knows the way gayles banging them in and the rest of the lads it would be canny if they did.

Comon raffa the gaffa, onwards & upwards we go ?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Over 49,000 on a Tuesday night , playing Preston North End !   Maybe a few from Sunderland and the 'Boro came along to watch some decent football ? LOL !

You know a clubs a big club when they can drop down a division and their attendance doesnt move..............always liked that ground as an away fan hope to see them straight back up.

good result ,some people know when to keep there head down when there playing sh.te

I watched yesterdays game with son in law [toon fan] and nufc didn't have to kick into 2nd gear -well done nufc - some players need shifting when yous go up i.e ginger- goufron dummet- perez [who I rated a while back] and the jurys out on mitrovic

Surely you Geordie lot must be pretty grateful to your owner that was some feat keeping hold of Benitez when the clubs in the championship.....shows a lot about the man as a manager as well plenty of top bosses would of run a mile.

It's a100% change in philosophy for running the club. Before, Ashley though all he needed was a yes man to just keep the club in the Premier. No say in buying or selling, that was left to the MD. it must have came as a huge financial shock to get relegated, and Benitez must have told him some home truths. Ashley has had to cede control of the entire club, not to mention a huge salary, to Benitez, to get him to stay. It's working, so let's hope Ashley has learned a lesson.

Agreed brigzy. It was the blind leading the blind lambias, wise & kuntneer were only there to make money and poor decisions and lots of them.the whole backroom staff, the one's that matter'd fobbed off with zero hour contracts. Cashley likes too run a tight ship with draconian values to boot for his poor employees abit like how he run's sports direct.

Gnash ... grateful? The man's a weasel if he'd ran the club from the start the way its being ran now the club would'nt of dropped a leaging.he's a businessman who owns a football club what could possibly go wrong

Edited by MAG1980
  • Like 1

ive got to be truthefull when we went down i did not think he would stay as manager but hes done us proude,and just hope we go straight back up and as much as ive got good mates in sunderland i hope they go down,they have been lucky for a good few years i think it will end this year

Nearly all club owners are business men......my point is yours somehow kept a Champions League winning manager at a championship club id be grateful.

Mike Ashley thought he could reinvent the wheel when he bought NUFC by buying raw talent on the cheap, seeing them do a job, then selling at a profit and repeating the process . Didn't work. Of Course. Fair play to the man that he realised that he was wrong and now is trying to do it the hard/right way by paying a man who actually knows what he is doing in order to get the club he bought where he wants it. But who knows what he really wants ? I met a man who told me that he went to school with Ashley who swears he used to run about in a Toon too when he was a kid. !??!?

It's much better supporting a championship team winning every week than premiership yo yo team getting spanked every week end that's wat Newcastle Sunderland boro are .it's will be brill when there all together next season in the championship.

ftm mate,me and my mates lark on and take the pi.s out of eache other all i good fun not like max fecking hardcore that makes a fool out of him self over footbal,its ony a game mate some people take it to far and cause a lot of trouble for them selves

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...