Childhood Hunts

Guest foxpack

The countryside now is like hunting in a big goldfishbowl mate, people everywhere, nosey ramblers and pensioners everywhere, mobile phones on every one of them, I ran a big rabbit last week with my young bitch and she caught it right in the middle of a field with a path nearby, I walked over to pick it up before the terriers could break it up only to see about 20 ramblers watching,taking pics on their phones, I promptly f*cked off and was barely gone in my van when a police car came screaming round the corner with its blues and two's going, luckily he never looked at me and I was away, but that was miles from anywhere, too many nosey cnuts, WM

• Like 5

The countryside now is like hunting in a big goldfishbowl mate, people everywhere, nosey ramblers and pensioners everywhere, mobile phones on every one of them, I ran a big rabbit last week with my young bitch and she caught it right in the middle of a field with a path nearby, I walked over to pick it up before the terriers could break it up only to see about 20 ramblers watching,taking pics on their phones, I promptly f*cked off and was barely gone in my van when a police car came screaming round the corner with its blues and two's going, luckily he never looked at me and I was away, but that was miles from anywhere, too many nosey cnuts, WM

Meanwhile someone was getting burgled and they respond 2 hours later!
  • Like 2
Guest foxpack

Yea .your right lads.I can remember getting on train after ferreting all day .rabbits by my feet .aged bout 14 ,15.nobody said anything .even remember couple of old fellas taking a couple rabbits each.nowadays you.d be banned off train.even walking down road with couple of rabbits or pheasants over your shoulder if frowned upon.

• Like 4

Yea .your right lads.I can remember getting on train after ferreting all day .rabbits by my feet .aged bout 14 ,15.nobody said anything .even remember couple of old fellas taking a couple rabbits each.nowadays you.d be banned off train.even walking down road with couple of rabbits or pheasants over your shoulder if frowned upon.

Imagine it now days you would be posted all over social mediea with all fekin doo gooders going ballistic

Guest foxpack

Your right mate .would have loved to be born back in the day .when people actually loved the neighbourhood poacher etc.foxing was frowned about and everything just ticked by.my granda had sum great stories and he loved every minute in the field.

Good advice was always given no probs from the old school fellas to.

1 I.ll always remember is .feed your mutts on fallen stock and game cought .and stay away from vets.

• Like 3

Your right mate .would have loved to be born back in the day .when people actually loved the neighbourhood poacher etc.foxing was frowned about and everything just ticked by.my granda had sum great stories and he loved every minute in the field.

1 I.ll always remember is .feed your mutts on fallen stock and game cought .and stay away from vets.

Remember as 12 year old bird nesting and finding a great big hare in a snare on the wentworth estate and walking the 5 miles home with my mates with the hare slung over our shoulders each of us takeing a turn to carry it and the only comment we got walking through the streets was from an old boy who said what you got their lads your supper.

• Like 2

Remember as 12 year old bird nesting and finding a great big hare in a snare on the wentworth estate and walking the 5 miles home with my mates with the hare slung over our shoulders each of us takeing a turn to carry it and the only comment we got walking through the streets was from an old boy who said what you got their lads your supper.
imagine that now on Wentworth!!! Still a lot of hares on that estate

No mate on both.The snare's were sett by a chap called Tyler as he nearly caught us when we went back to empty them 71 the year was and the estate was crawling with hares.

• Like 1

great childhood memories of mooching on the land as a kid,getting on the bus with a lurcher,terrier and ferret,to do days hunting,walking or cycling through the villages with a 410 tied on your back with baler twine,and the dogs running loose round you, on the rivers catching fish and watching for village bobby,tiime was nothing but wonderful days well spent learning about nature and field craft,pity the kids of today had never experienced it, the country oftoday would be a better place,loved my hunting and still do,its in the blood.atb.

• Like 6

I had two little hound x's and a staghound, Dad made me a trailer out of a an old clothes dryer shell that i would tow behind my push bike with the hounds in it and the stag would run along beside me. We would hunt all the vacant scrubs and bush around my old home town in Tasmania every weekend. There's no vacant bush there now and ya wouldn't ride a bike down the main street for fear of being run down.

• Like 5

I used to catch a bus to many of my hunting haunts,throw the catch over my shoulder and await the bus home,ive even sold rabbits on the homeward journey.You,d get plod on your case walking the streets carrying legitimate game now.

• Like 2

No mate on both.The snare's were sett by a chap called Tyler as he nearly caught us when we went back to empty them 71 the year was and the estate was crawling with hares.
Had load of hare of wentworth used to park near izal factory and walk across had some close calls to.good old days