It's Getting Cold......

The autumnal cold crept up through my boots and 3 pairs of socks last night. The wind bit my fingers.

How do you guys keep warm on those winter nights when out shooting?

I can live with it but, I'd rather be as comfortable as possible when out :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's been proven to be absolutely false that you lose most of your heat through your head .. yes your head will get cold without a hat but you don't lose that much body heat through it ... to stay war

Southern poof   Us " rock hard roofers" are still in our thongs and steelies yet .

Still in shorts this end. The long trousers don't come out until there's at least a frost!

Lol, thanks for the help so far :rolleyes:

Ya feckers :feck::laugh:

I'm surprised no one's been on and called me a southern poof yet :rolleyes:

Last night wasn't too bad but, stood outside a warren in winter shivering my tits off plays havoc with my POI.

I can't just stay in - cabin fever kicks in after 6hrs :o

• Like 2

The autumnal cold crept up through my boots and 3 pairs of socks last night. The wind bit my fingers.

good boots and a warm hat, cold comes in through your feet and heat leaves through your head, my sons been up near Telford fishing since Wednesday I will travel up to meet him in the night and we will sleep outside under a bivvie, until Sunday night, there is know such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes
  • Like 2

It's been proven to be absolutely false that you lose most of your heat through your head .. yes your head will get cold without a hat but you don't lose that much body heat through it ... to stay warm you need to keep your core warm particularly your chest area ... if your heart area is warm then you are pumping warm blood around your body thus keeping the majority of your body warm .......

• Like 4

good boots and a warm hat, cold comes in through your feet and heat leaves through your head, my sons been up near Telford fishing since Wednesday I will travel up to meet him in the night and we will sleep outside under a bivvie, until Sunday night, there is know such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes
The head thing is an old wives tail.