Hobart Mincer

Any of you lads make your own dog mince ?...I usually have a days mincing every month ...managed to get my hands on a big industrial Hobart mincer that was only £200 the same as what I was paying a month for my dogmince getting delivered

It's not the best fun gutting and skinning over 200 rabbits at a time

post-88284-0-31668300-1476369844_thumb.jpg

Last session on Saturday I had mackerel ,rabbits, de breasted pheasant carcasses,blue hares ,lamb and roe front ends,ox hearts a whole roe buck and a deboned red staggie....

post-88284-0-35499900-1476370142_thumb.jpg

post-88284-0-82872800-1476370217_thumb.jpg

Managed to make enough mince for me and a mates dogs for a month .

These big hobarts are good bits of kits it's fitted with heavy duty blade and course plate with 10 mm holes and will chew up whole whole rabbits and hares also the front ends of roe ....it has paid for itself many times over now and the quality of the mince is better than the water filled stuff I was buying ....the dogs are really thriving on it ....if anyone gets the chance of one of these grab it

• Like 9

I will do fella ...the wee dog is doing grand ...I really can't believe it I was worried about the dirty water in his lungs and my vet told me to just keep pumping the antibiotics into him ....that was a week ago and he seems like nothing has happened ...time will tell once I start grafting him again

Like the ferreting spade in the pic LOL. I know where there is one of them mincers. A local butcher passed away and the shops were shut. Wifey person wouldn't let me have anything even though I offered to buy lock stock and barrel. This has prompted me to ask again. Fcking lot of geese haha. Jok.

• Like 1
The second picture looks like the aftermath of my old man going for a quiet drive in the country! :yes:

MIK, what else do you add to your mince, veg, bread nuggets, etc?

[/q

It is mixed with skinners maintenance in the summer and skinners working or beta greyhound for the lurchers during the season ...I also get as much double Yolker and over sized eggs from a chicken farm I do the fox control on

mik ,once you've gutted the rabbits split them longways and without skinning them they will fit into the mincer,i always kept the skin on when mincing it will help to clear out any worms or worms eggs in the dogs you are feeding,p.s.always remember not to stand in front of a hobart 22,lol,wf

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Im sure you could but I dont know if it would clog the blade ....just never seen the advantage of leaving the skins on I cant see what it will bring to the dogs nutrisiously

Edited by MIK