4X4 That Pull 3.5 Ton There Nae Many

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a open top V8 Land Rover 90 for sale soon.   It will tow anything, but you do need to live near an oil refinery....

no pal they stopped making them due to the new emission laws, they were the best four wheel drives you could buy imo, I've had loads

I use a land cruiser , best tow car ive had so far ( had most 4x4s ) . As regards Hilux a firm called Cheshire contracting can replate them to tow 3.5 tons .

new hiluc got a 2.4 engine and i believe can tow 3500kg now.lower the cc and up the tow capaity from 2700 dont sound to great

big engine doesn't mean better towing. It's more about torque and gearing, bigger wheels don't help either.

what you want is one of these bad boys........ :laugh:

2-Ram-heavy-duty-trailering.jpg?14454832

there is a guy in w,s,m with one of them, he makes a very tidy living shifting, cars and boats for people that are a bit to big for a normal 4x4 but don't warrant a Lorry, as its American a lot of people into American cars use him to take em to shows and the like nice little earner
  • Like 1

what you want is one of these bad boys........ :laugh:

2-Ram-heavy-duty-trailering.jpg?14454832

there is a guy in w,s,m with one of them, he makes a very tidy living shifting, cars and boats for people that are a bit to big for a normal 4x4 but don't warrant a Lorry, as its American a lot of people into American cars use him to take em to shows and the like nice little earner

sounds just like the tool for the job....you want to see what they tow with them here, you wouldn't believe it, my mates got the ram 3500 (not a dually) single wheel with the 6.7 cummins diesel, he tows a 27 ft horse trailer, with 2-3 horses with tack room and living quarters with ease.....also, 36ft 5th wheelers with a boat on a trailer behind the 5th wheel trailer.....unbelievable power.

• Like 1

I can see there been a niche for those yanky tanks, not sure about a living though, I mean, in the uk it don't matter a feck what it can tow, you can't go over 7.5 ton with out upping your licence surely ! My truck 'could' tow 5ton, but I couldn't do that on a car licence, so all they have really done is make the vehicle legal to do it, not the driver, and let's be honest, at some of the mpg figures I have seen quoted, I would think a lorry is going to work out cheaper anyway !