Who Keeps Quail??

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now the work starts, although they are easier than pheasants, [ a soon as they are out of the shell all they want to do is die ] i once did a couple of hundred in a incubator and one of the kids o

I think mine liked the fact they where just left alone.and that they couldn't see outside people going past dogs ect.there's windows and plenty of light but high walls.i have shavings floor,few small

I know they taste nice,lol but so do bantams eggs and they are easier to keep.

Same as, I just got shot of my last lot, bloody things, attacking each other for the slightest reason, then attacking each other if they didn't have a reason, got fed up with it, I sold a few eggs, didn't find a great deal of interest in them round here, had one woman who loved them, used to struggle to get £2 a dozen,

• Like 1

I had 50 in a stable and they where no bother at all.easiest things I've ever looked after.which is why I've got them for the kids to do.and the other reason is they're up and laying in 2 months so its not so long for kids to wait compared to bantams ect. So will have to see what happens. They will soon be laying on a plate if they're a nightmare...

• Like 1

I think mine liked the fact they where just left alone.and that they couldn't see outside people going past dogs ect.there's windows and plenty of light but high walls.i have shavings floor,few small bales of straw to sit on ,few branches and i cut blue barrels in half long ways then cut the top and bottom out so it makes a little tunnel.they loved them and normally laid in there

• Like 3