Abscess Wound, Healing Advice

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's sound in himself lads he will probably be looking for some summer work at this rate ha. I don't even reckon it was a bite mate I reckon it was a scratch/claw. Don't own a bike so been renting the

Haven't been on for a while. Got to do a bit at the end of the season with him.      

Today 2 weeks after last picture

Posted Images

That heeled very nicely

Cracking recovery that .... well done that man for putting in the time and care needed ........

Goid to see Jimbo looking well again bud All the TLC paid off Credit to you bud atb

Cheers lads. Only thing I used on it was Leuicillon spray. Plenty of biking,protien, keeping him away from hazards (had a few heart in mouth moments), patience and not letting him run anything to early. Had him out most nights but not in the rain. Prefered the windier nights as would give wound a good drying out.

cnut of a thing ,ive bin working on this bitch from mid feb.salt water at the beach n everyday only thing helped..vet sez at the start she be lucky making it.

bout a month ago.

b

Wound is looking healthy the mate. Vet told me mine 100% needs skin cutting away, pulled together then stitching, but there was a big chance because of dogs shape and athletisism that it would likely split. My advice is that wound is healing nicely and vet don't need to do nothing. Just time and patience mate and dog should be good to go around start of the season. Don't take dog out in the rain and I wouldn't advise the beach mate even though it's salt water (keep dry). That Leucillon was given to me by AllTerrain off here and would highly recommend for that wound, that's not saying it's the only thing that will work, but the proof is in the pudding. Start off with a daily application I used to spray him when I got him out the car for a walk then reduce over time to every other day then every 3 days plus. Make sure bedding is kept clean even though the dog will try doing it itself. Atb mate you's will get there in the end :thumbs: .

cnut of a thing ,ive bin working on this bitch from mid feb.salt water at the beach n everyday only thing helped..vet sez at the start she be lucky making it.

bout a month ago.

b

Wound is looking healthy the mate. Vet told me mine 100% needs skin cutting away, pulled together then stitching, but there was a big chance because of dogs shape and athletisism that it would likely split. My advice is that wound is healing nicely and vet don't need to do nothing. Just time and patience mate and dog should be good to go around start of the season. Don't take dog out in the rain and I wouldn't advise the beach mate even though it's salt water (keep dry). That Leucillon was given to me by AllTerrain off here and would highly recommend for that wound, that's not saying it's the only thing that will work, but the proof is in the pudding. Start off with a daily application I used to spray him when I got him out the car for a walk then reduce over time to every other day then every 3 days plus. Make sure bedding is kept clean even though the dog will try doing it itself. Atb mate you's will get there in the end :thumbs: .

aye its closed a good bit since that pic.whats that leucillion,can you buy it..i was just using savalon for now.

• Like 1

bout a month ago.

b

aye its closed a good bit since that pic.whats that leucillion,can you buy it..i was just using savalon for now.

Just google it mate you can get it in loads of places here it's £10.99 for 500ml http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Leucillin/Productinfo/LEUCILLIN/500ML/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA-Shopping-Initial&utm_term=4583520378928361&utm_content=All%20Products

Like I say mate it's just what I used I am not saying nothing else will work, just this stuff worked for us. Good to see that it's shrinking. I used to apply it when either going for a walk or when I got him out the back of motor because if I put it on before and he would lie on quilt then wound can stick to it. That's why I said better with a bit of wind after applying, by the time we got back to motor or home it will have soaked in if you get what i mean. If it started to rain I would just head back home which only happened a couple of times :thumbs: .

Edited by flipbull