Abscess Wound, Healing Advice

Hi phil bloody hell its taking some time to heal. Hows Jimbo in himself? As matt said looks healthy around wound. Youd never of thought a bite could cause all that!! Do you take him down beach still get salt water on it while he paddles about?? Cheers bud atb

• Like 1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's sound in himself lads he will probably be looking for some summer work at this rate ha. I don't even reckon it was a bite mate I reckon it was a scratch/claw. Don't own a bike so been renting the

Haven't been on for a while. Got to do a bit at the end of the season with him.      

Today 2 weeks after last picture

Posted Images

He's sound in himself lads he will probably be looking for some summer work at this rate ha. I don't even reckon it was a bite mate I reckon it was a scratch/claw. Don't own a bike so been renting the ones in pic, saves having to fit a bike in the car as well as the dog,to many distractions going local even if I did have one, so get him down the waterfront a few nights a week and been building him up and basically giving him a run, instead of just walking.

The bottom off the wound on his stomach is going to take the longest to heal as it was the last place to loose dead skin and was the deepest.He's back the vet Friday, but probably just tell me to carry on the way we are. Cheers lads.

dde60fc4-fd16-44ea-b193-15d1c5388f69_zps

6ec6764e-a9e9-4687-8c8e-03056c1a09cf_zps

• Like 4

Id be really happy with it. I always use "Intrasite Gel" on wounds, its excellent, You've done a great job.

Looks like you are doing a great job. Thats great healing in a relatively short space of time.

Thanks Dawn looks a lot better than the day I went to pick him up at the vets with his skin hanging.

Was at the vet earlier and dog doesn't have to go back now, so no reconstuctive skin surgery needed . Vet was over the moon with his recovery and just advised to me to do what ever I have been doing :thumbs: . Plenty of excerscise,rest, good scran, clean every couple of days and keep away from hazards and hopefully back out running sooner rather than later.Tw@t of an injury.

Good stuff bud. Did you try the Camrosa cream?? Glad to hear he's doing well Atb

Not yet mate All Terrain off here gave me some leucillon that sprays out like a mist. Here's a little bit about it Leucillin is an anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal solution, that kills up to 99.99999% of germs. This reliable, innovative and affordable infection control spray provides a powerful solution to combat a wide variety of skincare conditions.the most powerful,non-toxic, non-irritant antiseptic available.

Been lucky with no rain so far , I know the camrosa is waterproof mate and will protect wound when it rains, so soon as we get a few days of it forecast then I will use camerosa as a barrier. :thumbs:

Edited to say it's fooking p!ssing down now haha. But be gone around 11pm so will get him out on the bike later.

Edited by flipbull
  • 5 months later...