Did Anyone Of You Terrier Men Know This Man

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Toddy Even my Grandad & bruce wouldn't deal with him, unless they had steel toe caps on!

Blimey   Just seen this thread and what memories it brought back . I was digging with Bruce way back in the eighties along with Tommy Meaney  and one or two who are still living so I wont name . I'm s

Posted Images

Bobby do you remember a dog called Spider

yer and a dog called blizts

Wasn't both them dogs spider / blitz bred by AC different spider the dog I'm on about was out of Smithy x Nancy and was owned by Billy M. The dog ended up in Devon with MD

Bobby do you remember a dog called Spider

yer and a dog called blizts

Wasn't both them dogs spider / blitz bred by AC different spider the dog I'm on about was out of Smithy x Nancy and was owned by Billy M. The dog ended up in Devon with MDthere were dogs out of that stuff who Bruce dug with a lot the lads were from Manchester and stoke

What size was smithy lads?

about 15 to 16 inch I would say as was toddy aswel
Did you have too get a stiffy on and measure it 5 times for accuracy
At least he's getting a stifFYI over proper digging dogs not that nuttall shit sooty lad
Obviously!!?
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 02/10/2016 at 23:45, bobby2 said:
On 02/10/2016 at 23:27, buffalobill76 said:

Did any of u terrier men know the late Bruce woodcock the man who owned toddy Nancy and Betsy and other great terriers also a great lurcher man who won the calendar coursing club trophy with his coursing dogs his well known dog called max he passed away yes ago just like to see if anyone knew him

I new the man he was classed as a legend in both codes of the dogs I seen is stuff work both terriers and lurches the man new is stuff that's for sure wish he's was still here I've pecked his head a Good few time over the years i ain't or herd of a bad word ever said about the man come lads some you old boys must no him or herd of him it Bruce or Brian woodcock some lads I've only put his name up as the man is no longer with us now and he's dug and coursed with some of the best there's been

I knew Bruce really well he was my best pal, twas a sad day he died.  I carried his coffin at his funeral and scattered his ashes with 2 other friends in Lincoln.  I was only about 13 when I got took out with the crew diggin.   Bruce was a great dog man  and friend, I saw some great dogs in action over the years and met 100s of people in the terrier and lurchers world through Bruce.  Crazy laughs with the guy, we got up to loads of mischief.  I miss that bloke  

• Like 9
  • 10 months later...

I knew Bruce. He was one of my Grandads best mates. My Grandad owned Toddy, with Bruce & Toddy used to live in one of the pens, in our back yard.

I've got a picture of Toddy & and picture of Bruce that I could put up!

Is that allowed?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, unclebuck said:

I knew Bruce. He was one of my Grandads best mates. My Grandad owned Toddy, with Bruce & Toddy used to live in one of the pens, in our back yard.

I've got a picture of Toddy & and picture of Bruce that I could put up!

Is that allowed?

They your pics.... Put them up pal?

• Like 1