Did Anyone Of You Terrier Men Know This Man

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Toddy Even my Grandad & bruce wouldn't deal with him, unless they had steel toe caps on!

Blimey   Just seen this thread and what memories it brought back . I was digging with Bruce way back in the eighties along with Tommy Meaney  and one or two who are still living so I wont name . I'm s

Posted Images

I don't no if he bred the ones I've seen, 2 different lads had them, I can remember looking at them thinking they look the bollox before we loaded them up. When I asked how they were bred, it was Todd/Nancy stuff. To be honest they struggled

I'd heard of him in later years he had good black dogs and was digging in the old days ,one lad se think his bitch /nancey / was bred of him. A man at the llangollen show in the eightees offerered him any amount of money for the dog ,he didnt sell.he went out with one time after the terrier era and bruce saluki or cross run a fox up the embankment in the day and finished it no messing and as good as any fox dog lurcher. I know another man now passed who knew him too.

steth i meant .not se
ken gould had one of bruces dogs in is kennels for a year it was toddy he bred every bitch he had at the time to him and was told pups got sold as that they were out of smithy but they weren't when he went to pick toddy up a man was there that offer him a lot of money for him he said no he ain't for sale at any price Nancy got pinched out of his garden never to be seen again

wasnt toddy a son of smithy ? by a stacy bitch

• Like 2

I'd heard of him in later years he had good black dogs and was digging in the old days ,one lad se think his bitch /nancey / was bred of him. A man at the llangollen show in the eightees offerered him any amount of money for the dog ,he didnt sell.he went out with one time after the terrier era and bruce saluki or cross run a fox up the embankment in the day and finished it no messing and as good as any fox dog lurcher. I know another man now passed who knew him too.

steth i meant .not se
ken gould had one of bruces dogs in is kennels for a year it was toddy he bred every bitch he had at the time to him and was told pups got sold as that they were out of smithy but they weren't when he went to pick toddy up a man was there that offer him a lot of money for him he said no he ain't for sale at any price Nancy got pinched out of his garden never to be seen again

wasnt toddy a son of smithy ? by a stacy bitch
yer he was and Nancy as well was bred that way to
  • Like 1

I don't no if he bred the ones I've seen, 2 different lads had them, I can remember looking at them thinking they look the bollox before we loaded them up. When I asked how they were bred, it was Todd/Nancy stuff. To be honest they struggled

there's a lot of people saying toddy x Nancy breeding seen it loads of times and there nothing to do with then just coin again the man never made money like others have he was in the game to work is dogs wether they was terriers or lurchers
  • Like 2

there's a lot of people saying toddy x Nancy breeding seen it loads of times and there nothing to do with then just coin again the man never made money like others have he was in the game to work is dogs wether they was terriers or lurchers

would his breeding be behind dogs tom parr bred

he says it his but I would say no a few lads I no who no Tom parr say that he tells you want you want hear and would tell you it is when it's not that's come from men who no him
  • Like 2

Toddy and Nancy names get thrown about a lot he had other dogs out of them like bettsy Tommy butch just to name a few he didn't advertise pups he bred you got Is stuff threw noing him or threw someone that new him and he only bred of his dogs when he wanted one or two for his self

• Like 1

I seen bombvilles dogs off here they looked the part, they were toddy Nancy stuff I think,haven't heard from him in years,I'm sure we had a dig to one of them once but it was a Long time ago can't really remember a dog called bomber I think atb At

it was bomber he had a dog called crash as well dug with him loads of times to both dogs I've got the litter sister to them

I seen bombvilles dogs off here they looked the part, they were toddy Nancy stuff I think,haven't heard from him in years,I'm sure we had a dig to one of them once but it was a Long time ago can't really remember a dog called bomber I think atb At

it was bomber he had a dog called crash as well dug with him loads of times to both dogs I've got the litter sister to them
how old is the bitch then ? Must of been ten yrs ago I seen him last atb At
my bitch is twelve nexted may I ain't seen him for about 5 years now bomber and crash are both dead now

Yes Ken told me himself

Yes Ken told me himself
do you mean Bruces breeding is in Tom parrs breeding