Out Today

Shovel shy

7 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

I'd say it's some crack with the hounds as soon as I move to a house with a bigger yard I'm going to get one or a hound cross might suit me better good luck with your season pal

Sound peter.same with yourself.ha im in a council estate myself plenty of room haha

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hunt.I'm proud to hunt.in that picture is me my father a cousin and nephew.most of our family hunt.its not illegal here. I try to get the young lads involved.educate them what's right and wrong.we l

Our pack  

Dug two today.bitch on the left was dug early in the second cover after the hounds marked.got a good hunt after dinner and another mark and the bitch in the middle bolted the fox.fox went on the river

Posted Images

On 02/09/2018 at 16:44, Shovel shy said:

Sound peter.same with yourself.ha im in a council estate myself plenty of room haha

I bet you're popular with the neighbours?, are the landowners happy for you to run your pack on their land SS? Wouldn't have a chance to do that where I am, if it wasn't the farmers playing f**k it would be the 3 mounted packs that cover my area!

Edited by Rabbit Hunter
1 hour ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

I bet you're popular with the neighbours?, are the landowners happy for you to run your pack on their land SS? Wouldn't have a chance to do that where I am, if it wasn't the farmers playing f**k it would be the 3 mounted packs that cover my area!

The neighbors love me.I get some xmas cards lol farmers are actually no problem.anybody with us has insurance.60€ I last paid.its due to be renewd.and the lad hunts with us works in the local knackery and knows a lot of farmers.meets them everyday in the job.its opened a lot of doors for us luckilly.christmas time a bottle of whiskey and a box of sweets goes along way as a thank you.

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, Shovel shy said:

The neighbors love me.I get some xmas cards lol farmers are actually no problem.anybody with us has insurance.60€ I last paid.its due to be renewd.and the lad hunts with us works in the local knackery and knows a lot of farmers.meets them everyday in the job.its opened a lot of doors for us luckilly.christmas time a bottle of whiskey and a box of sweets goes along way as a thank you.

Sounds like good fun SS, how many dogs do you run in the pack and what types?

7 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Sounds like good fun SS, how many dogs do you run in the pack and what types?

8 dogs is all we run.mostly beagles or beagle crosses but ive a fox hound and harrier which have the other dogs marking.its a good crack.especially when a fox gets away from the lurcher lads.were fox only aswell.a lot of the farmers want it that way.some of em when they see the lurchers think hares straight away and there dead against it.just the way it is round here

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Shovel shy said:

8 dogs is all we run.mostly beagles or beagle crosses but ive a fox hound and harrier which have the other dogs marking.its a good crack.especially when a fox gets away from the lurcher lads.were fox only aswell.a lot of the farmers want it that way.some of em when they see the lurchers think hares straight away and there dead against it.just the way it is round here

Sounds good fun! Do you run many to ground, and if so how often?

Going back to what you said about the whiskey etc, I hadn't been to a certain farm for nearly 10 years and I used to drop a bottle of whiskey at this place every Christmas, lads I'd taken there in the past had been f****d off from there for being idiots and a pheasant shoot was now on there. When I turned up after all them years he said go on no problem a big handshake and a smile and mentioned the lads and the shoot, and the shoot were paying him £1500 a year, a bottle of whiskey and some quality street go a long way.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Sounds good fun! Do you run many to ground, and if so how often?

We put alot to ground over a season.keeps the terriers busy.hounds do push them hard for a small pack but been totaly honest some foxes slip to ground because a lurcher has taken a few turns out of him and hes under severe preassure.but look theyl find him and mark where ever hes gone.theyl mark cold aswell so thats a bonus

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Apache... said:

Going back to what you said about the whiskey etc, I hadn't been to a certain farm for nearly 10 years and I used to drop a bottle of whiskey at this place every Christmas, lads I'd taken there in the past had been f****d off from there for being idiots and a pheasant shoot was now on there. When I turned up after all them years he said go on no problem a big handshake and a smile and mentioned the lads and the shoot, and the shoot were paying him £1500 a year, a bottle of whiskey and some quality street go a long way.

Keeps them happy and its only few quid between a few of us.I no for a fact its after helping  us getting in to hunt more farms in certain areas.

Nice little pack there foxpack.its good to be back.we got no kill yesterday but we got plenty of hunting.some very bad missess by the lurcher lads.but to be honest it was one of the funniest days ive ever had in the field.one of them type of days.one lad got 2 races tru the day that he fcuked up.he was watching a fox break on a far ditch and never saw another fox coming up his side lol 25 yards away..another one he moved from one gate to the next cos he thought it was a better spot only for the fox to bust out tru the first place.he wont forget sunday in a hurry.

IMG_20180909_143613.jpg

IMG_20180909_143609.jpg

IMG_20180909_143402.jpg

IMG_20180909_143221.jpg

• Like 9