Good Hares

Recon if theres a good head of natrual predators, birds of prey fox weasle ect the hares learn to be on there guard .the young will mimic there parants and would of been proberly chased before your dog. If theres no natrual predators eveyone gets fat and lazy.

Folk recon fen hares are best.whyyy?

Agriculture land, farmers dont give a monkys about predators and now ware to hide so the only option is to out run the hunter.

Sheep grazing land on the other end of the spectrum only got sheep to run away from and the odd collie,the farmers killed all the predators. so when they get a running dog up there arse there clueless.

Just a thought????

Edited by Joshua Wheeler
  • Like 1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You will get people telling all hares are easy at night on here. I beg to differ. Never seen an easy one as they get run often.

Lamping hares pet hate of mine!!!

In my opinion a lamped hare is easier then a daytime run, seem abit clumsy on the lamp although I have seen some good hares on the lamp ?

Posted Images

First one or two are easy because your dogs at full fitness with any short break to travel the muscles tend to relax causing your dog to run below 100% say 75% try running the second ones first then you might understand what im babbling on about lol

Atb mark

had a few runs last night with a few different people few things got ran some cracking catches. Tho I got thinking about hares why is it you can go somewhere with a couple of good hare killing dogs kill a few in one field yet go 2 minutes down the road and there in a class of there own not one or 2 but every one you slip on is hard one and drags your dog all over ? anyone got any ideas from experience ?

Id spend many a morning around the A1 and hares that met more than their share of running dogs,the sport was the finest around and few Hares were killed.Same dogs,heading towards Scarborough and we often caught far,far more.Same ground and terrain,less educated Hares.

had a few runs last night with a few different people few things got ran some cracking catches. Tho I got thinking about hares why is it you can go somewhere with a couple of good hare killing dogs kill a few in one field yet go 2 minutes down the road and there in a class of there own not one or 2 but every one you slip on is hard one and drags your dog all over. Can i ask are the fields there in big or small . And if they go through a hedge dos your dog fallow through.