"how Is Your Season Going"

Had our first opener in a hedge today . Very easy affair, .5 after a run around ,dug in the maize other side the hedge a bit .Bitch was tight to be honest and quite warm so a dip in a trough was in order .Bit of rub but otherwise good .Loads to go at now so roll on a bit of cold weather.

• Like 2

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nearly had a fricking nightmare this afternoon but turned out OK in the end.Tried a spot I thought was a dead cert but dog said no and that's good enough for this bitch .Walked her back to the road wh

mm  

Nice little day yesterday dug two bolted one terriers were flying and both 3 footers can't bloody beat it !!

Posted Images

We started three weeks ago now ( wales area)

We've dug 4 bolted 5 1 on top

Scent not been greatest but hounds going well

Been on couple of other meets ( night meets) different packs that are hunting well but similar pattern obviously due to warm weather

How's it going for rest of you lads!

bit slow really this yr only had 18 so far let's hope things get better

Weather needs to be colder for them to drop around my way, a Brucey bonus to come across one before November .

A new farmer growing big blocks of maize bio fuel everywhere has f.....d up the early partridge shooting

but has kept the thermal heroes at bay, so hopefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atb TH

• Like 3

decent enough start here in wales......seemed to have a "lucky" spell. first hard frost here this morning so hope fully its on ward and up ward and can start some more testing places.

scent has been shocking whilst out with the hounds but thats to be expected with this weather!

atb

Other than a few call outs last month I've not started-this weekend will be the start of the season for me.fingers crossed I get some dirt on the bank and dogs preform accordingly ;).have a good season and stay safe lads.atb dc

• Like 4

Fingers crossed my young rough bitch gets a dig as the couple of times I tried her end of last season everything bolted,she's keen to get in and search.also see if the young Russell bitch has what it takes.plenty of ground to try them hopefully they been worth the feeding.atb dc

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Started off with a spring in my step dug a few last season with my little black bitch going ok for a first season bitch dug 3 so far had big hope's for a good sort of a black and tan dog he was build for the job just didn't have the nuts story of my last few seasons they ever been to brain dead are not have the minerals from the job so if someone nows of a decent bred pup for sale something about 6 mouths or less pm me looking for a black dog or bitch

I have had a decent start to my season this year with more fox in a month than I had in most of the last, I bushed a large dog fox into a 40ft drain yesterday,used my dog Wilf to force a bolt and finish,he looked tiny by comparison to the fox, that's 3 over 20lb in a few days,that makes 7 this month,Wilf is only 2yrs old and I have really ramped up his work to ground but the weather is still so mild and most are being forced from cover into earths or drains,let's hope for some bad weather to get them down, WM

• Like 1