Zero In, Tuning In Your Air Rifle Sights Ect....

what im trying to say is at 40 metres away, can ANYONE with a 3-9x56 scope hit a pellet sized target at that 40 metres away ? litrally pellet size ! i can hit it a 5 pence piece at that way away, but can anyone with these scopes hit a pellet sized....target, with my scopes 3-9x56 ........? good luck ! .....took me over 200 pellets to get it right !......

Apologies if I've read this wrong FT..but you've answered your own question there..even though it took you 200 pellets

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

iv zero'd it in at 35 yards...... im spot on, much appriciated .... thanks guys, ill show you my set up soon as i get my lead to my laptop ect... ATB ..FT

Practice is all it comes down to mate   ask viz at first when i came back into shooting after 20 odd years i could not hit a barn door if i chucked the rifle at it lol   right if you can put up wi

You might as well chuck 20 quid down the drain if you reckon a scope that cheap will perform like one costing at least 5 times as much. Sounds like you really could do with a helping hand sat next to

Posted Images

what im trying to say is at 40 metres away, can ANYONE with a 3-9x56 scope hit a pellet sized target at that 40 metres away ? litrally pellet size ! i can hit it a 5 pence piece at that way away, but can anyone with these scopes hit a pellet sized....target, with my scopes 3-9x56 ........? good luck ! .....took me over 200 pellets to get it right !......

Apologies if I've read this wrong FT..but you've answered your own question there..even though it took you 200 pellets

a pellet sized target at that range with those scopes is impossible! im going to upload the picture of the target

Pellet on pellet into the same hole as the first shot? Yep, I have spring rifles that can honestly do that at 40 metres. I hit a clean 35 metre, .177 calibre single pellet hole with 5 rounds using Philpot's Air Arms TX200HC .177. I set up his scope on 6Xmag which is my preferred mag set-up. His gun is a right hand version and I'm a leftie! Fabulously accurate rifle he has there. Phil and Jimmy witnessed me doing it! I reckon you could hit a pellet hole at 60 metres with it -it's only 20 more! It's just down to proper practice and a top gun with precisely the right pellet! I find it a bit more difficult with my Regal PCP to hit that level of precision. That rifle is a lot lighter than the good, controllable and stable heft of a spring rifle I'm more used to.

can you do that at 40 metres with the same 3-9x56 scopes as i have ?

I wouldn't balk at giving it a good try foxtails. I've got the rifle to do it and the right pellet to do it. At least I would be using Sportsmatch mounts for your scope (at the very least) :thumbs: . If the shot group wanders about, you'll know for certain, your scope is duff, mind. :thumbs:

But if you can group your shots into a 5p size disc at 40 metres with your current scope set-up I'd say with reasonable confidence, you could hit a single pellet group yourself at 40 metres. It's all down to how well you practice and how often :yes:

It's alright me saying this. I've been shooting spring air rifles for 53 years now. And no! I was certainly no-where near the standard I am now, until a number of years passed in frustration and strained patience before the light went on!!

• Like 2

Practice is all it comes down to mate

ask viz at first when i came back into shooting after 20 odd years i could not hit a barn door if i chucked the rifle at it lol

right if you can put up with the scopes until Xmas iv got a hawk map pro 3,9,50 scope

YOU CAN HAVE

NO CHARGE AND ILL EVEN PAY THE POST FOR YOU

nothing wrong with them there spot on did have an issue with them but it turned out to be the mounts but im getting another set of mambas for the pro sport so your welcome to them but it will be around Xmas like i say,d

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 4

Pellet on pellet into the same hole as the first shot? Yep, I have spring rifles that can honestly do that at 40 metres. I hit a clean 35 metre, .177 calibre single pellet hole with 5 rounds using Philpot's Air Arms TX200HC .177. I set up his scope on 6Xmag which is my preferred mag set-up. His gun is a right hand version and I'm a leftie! Fabulously accurate rifle he has there. Phil and Jimmy witnessed me doing it! I reckon you could hit a pellet hole at 60 metres with it -it's only 20 more! It's just down to proper practice and a top gun with precisely the right pellet! I find it a bit more difficult with my Regal PCP to hit that level of precision. That rifle is a lot lighter than the good, controllable and stable heft of a spring rifle I'm more used to.

can you do that at 40 metres with the same 3-9x56 scopes as i have ?

I wouldn't balk at giving it a good try foxtails. I've got the rifle to do it and the right pellet to do it. At least I would be using Sportsmatch mounts for your scope (at the very least) :thumbs: . If the shot group wanders about, you'll know for certain, your scope is duff, mind. :thumbs:

But if you can group your shots into a 5p size disc at 40 metres with your current scope set-up I'd say with reasonable confidence, you could hit a single pellet group yourself at 40 metres. It's all down to how well you practice and how often :yes:

It's alright me saying this. I've been shooting spring air rifles for 53 years now. And no! I was certainly no-where near the standard I am now, until a number of years passed in frustration and strained patience before the light went on!!

He has more than one rifle that can do it and the pellet for each of them

i stood and watched this man put pellet on pellet with fac air and sub 12 rifles

and one of them was a 97k sporter and i dont mean a group it was pellet on top of pellet at 35,,37mtrs on his shooting range in his back garden

this man can shoot i can tell you

• Like 2

ask viz at first when i came back into shooting after 20 odd years i could not hit a barn door if i chucked the rifle at it lol

right if you can put up with the scopes until Xmas iv got a hawk map pro 3,9,50 scope

YOU CAN HAVE

nothing wrong with them there spot on did have an issue with them but it turned out to be the mounts but im getting another set of mambas for the pro sport so your welcome to them but it will be around Xmas like i say,d

thanks, yes i can wait, but i would rather pay for the scope, :thumbs: atvb FT

• Like 1

YOU CAN HAVE

Dont up set me you would not like me when im up set lol

when i say it free its free

AND THATS THE END OF IT

just get a good set of mounts for her :yes:

• Like 2

YOU CAN HAVE

AND THATS THE END OF IT

thanks , lol, i will get myself a really decent set of mounts, :yes: anyway your a gent, thankyou ! :thumbs: atb FT

YOU CAN HAVE

AND THATS THE END OF IT

thanks , lol, i will get myself a really decent set of mounts, :yes: anyway your a gent, thankyou ! :thumbs: atb FT

You got a good scope from mac there! Don't skimp on mounts buy sportsmatch mounts and you will have the best.

YOU CAN HAVE

AND THATS THE END OF IT

You got a good scope from mac there! Don't skimp on mounts buy sportsmatch mounts and you will have the best.

yep ill buy the top range mounts. :thumbs: cant wait, :yes: