Zero In, Tuning In Your Air Rifle Sights Ect....

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

iv zero'd it in at 35 yards...... im spot on, much appriciated .... thanks guys, ill show you my set up soon as i get my lead to my laptop ect... ATB ..FT

Practice is all it comes down to mate   ask viz at first when i came back into shooting after 20 odd years i could not hit a barn door if i chucked the rifle at it lol   right if you can put up wi

You might as well chuck 20 quid down the drain if you reckon a scope that cheap will perform like one costing at least 5 times as much. Sounds like you really could do with a helping hand sat next to

Posted Images

iv got back out and calculated the inch per click to get the the sights properly zeroed in, and i have come to see that my maths were out by quite a few clicks :icon_redface: ! iv now clicked in the right way, and have tightened up my scopes, so am now on target, my maths are not that good, but after a while i got it spot on, feeling a bit :icon_redface: 4 clicks to one inch, ... i was about 7 inches out, left and about 2 and a bit upwards so 9 or ten clicks up. :icon_redface: thanks guys for your info, as i havent had very much experience with zeroing in, i dont quite know what needs to be done ect, but thanks all for your help :thumbs: atb FT

• Like 2

You sound a bit happier about it now FT :thumbs:

It sounds like you may have over-thought the process.

All credit to you for doing it that way and sticking with it.

I find that, for my poor little brain, it's best to simplify things when possible.

To zero a new scope, I draw a cross on a target and, shoot at it, checking the impact through the scope and, making adjustments to the elevation and windage until I'm bang on.

I do have a mate that does it the same way as you but, he's adjusting a .243 over 100s of yards.

Glad you're sorted :thumbs:

Atb

• Like 1

iv got back out and calculated the inch per click to get the the sights properly zeroed in, and i have come to see that my maths were out by quite a few clicks :icon_redface: ! iv now clicked in the right way, and have tightened up my scopes, so am now on target, my maths are not that good, but after a while i got it spot on, feeling a bit :icon_redface: 4 clicks to one inch, ... i was about 7 inches out, left and about 2 and a bit upwards so 9 or ten clicks up. :icon_redface: thanks guys for your info, as i havent had very much experience with zeroing in, i dont quite know what needs to be done ect, but thanks all for your help :thumbs: atb FT

Glad you got it sorted. :thumbs:

Leave it as it is now it's sorted, BUT... just to upset the applecart... if it's adjustment is 4 clicks to one inch at 30 yards, the scope is way off. That measurement is supposed to be at 100 yards. It should be 16 clicks to the inch at 25 yards, so about 13 clicks at 30 yards.

But leave it as it is now. :yes:

Great news foxtails. Fingers crossed it holds zero for you. Iv got a new scope ordered this morning so if you have any problems again I'll lend you my old tested scope and mounts for a couple of weeks so you can eluminate scope problems. Pm me if needed and I'll post it to you.

• Like 1

thanks for all your help guys, but finally i have got it properly zeroed in, ( Finally) :toast: thanks for all your advice guys, its good to have people who,s been through the same problems to help out ect...! ( feels imbarrasing somtimes) ill let you know how i get on with some pics hopfully ! :thumbs: ATB FT

• Like 1

as i have already said i have zeroed in my air rifle, ( after a long while :laugh: ) anyway has anyone seen the zeroing paper with the round circle going from 6 to 1 ! sort of bull with the numbers 1 on the outside going 2 smaller....3 even smaller ect untill you get to a number 1 which is the size of a pellet :yes: well when zeroing in my air rifle, i made my own target with the smallest hole being about the size of just a bit bigger than a 50 pence piece , i must admit its really hard to see it from 35 - 40 metres away, iv got a 3-9x56 scopes ( most people said to get a 3-9x40 scopes) so what i am trying to say is how is Anyone going to see a pellet size target from 40 metres away ? ATB FT

the quality of the lens that what you pay for

i understand that ovcourse, but what im trying to say is how does other people zeroin theyr scopes with cheap scopes

I have a nice little cheap AGS 3-9x40 on my .177 HW97.

I keep it on 8x mag.

To zero, I draw a verticle cross on a sheet of A4, put that 30ish yards away and, just shoot at it.

I keep adjusting the elevation and windage until I'm hitting the centre.

I'll usually test it further out and close in as well if I have time - just to ensure that I'm bang on.

as i have already said i have zeroed in my air rifle, ( after a long while :laugh: ) anyway has anyone seen the zeroing paper with the round circle going from 6 to 1 ! sort of bull with the numbers 1 on the outside going 2 smaller....3 even smaller ect untill you get to a number 1 which is the size of a pellet :yes: well when zeroing in my air rifle, i made my own target with the smallest hole being about the size of just a bit bigger than a 50 pence piece , i must admit its really hard to see it from 35 - 40 metres away, iv got a 3-9x56 scopes ( most people said to get a 3-9x40 scopes) so what i am trying to say is how is Anyone going to see a pellet size target from 40 metres away ? ATB FT

You should try zeroing a .22 centre fire at 200 yards matey lol.

Maybe try some shoot n c targets from birchwood ca set they are excellent reactive target that I can easily see using a fixed mag 8x56 at 200 yards.

• Like 2