The Working Bedlington Terrier - Who Works Them?

hi folks,

my post is aimed at other bedlington owners who work their dogs on large numbers of rats and below who have stories and photos to share, their experiences of days using the bedlington and how they find them in comparison to other terrier breeds.

I keep a pair of Belington Terriers, a small bitch of just over two and will be tried below ground this season she is made up of rillington / gutchcommon and mink stone breeding stands at 14" tts she is mad keen up to now, she is yet to meet Reynard below yet but has flushed a few from cover and will check earths.

also I have a 7 month old dog pup standing about 15 " tts now bred from similar breeding who was gifted to me by a friend. he is rillington / gutchcommon penny is starting to drop, and coming along nicely with lots of time put in. he also is to work below if makes the grade too.

ill post photos of my dogs and days out soon as I can..

please feel free to comment

Thanks Jack.

• Like 1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A big thanks to Morton for this lad .  Atb

chasing a few 7 ounce rodents is no fecking test of a terrier,a pup under 6 months of age perhaps,most beddy owners work adults as a pup and they never work above what the average pup can ascertain.th

Yep lovely pup that and fair play to Morton. Keep us updated with it. Be nice to see more beddy posts either on here or bushing section ?

Posted Images

Seen one or two over the summer months,the one bitch did over 9 hrs in a real shitty place handy animals imo.but can't see the lads who have them putting pics up sorry mate.they play their cards close to their chests.there's a good thread about them on here do a search.atb dc

• Like 2

thanks guys

be nice for this to take off i searched back lots of pages to find a thread saw nothing but ill post pictures tomorrow when get home cant do it on this laptop its a work one and my phone is broken..

still feel free to comment or post pictures of working bedlingtons without the quarry if people are cautious just see the stamps and lineage of grafting bedlingtons

Jack

• Like 1

There just so hard to find from good working stuff mate

True,for every 100 litters of working Bedlingtons bred id not own 99 % of them.They are out there and meet more working terrier prejudice than any terrier ever bred,possibly because of the 99 % of feckwits,ego,s and chancers that have sneaked into the breed,fecking dollar and ribbon chasers.

Its the same with every terrier breed, not just Bedlingtons. I was at a gamefair last month and showed my non-descript black working terrier and was astounded with some of the terriers on show. Showy, shitty things that have never seen work and to my eye never looked like what I imagine when I think of a Patterdale. With that shower of shit about it won't be long 'til the breed is on the decline.