Plummer Or Plummer X

Alright boys I do a bit of bushing I have a Lakeland Russell bitch coming eight this year always done what I want of her and I think it's time to bring another pup in and I'm not sure what to do I can have a pure Plummer pup the bitch is 6 and the dog is 7 they have both seen plenty of work or I don't know whether to wait till my bitch comes in season and use the Plummer dog over her just looking for opinions really

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lee, here's a few pics of some russell/plummers, Nuttall/plummers etc, there are some pics of lake crosses somewhere if I find some I'll pop them up for you, WM R

plummer russell   couple of pics of a first cross.

The problem you have HGN is that your foundation stock is a lot larger than when I started ,Plummers in general,especially those bred from around the mid 90's on were all chesty and large due to the s

Posted Images

If i were you i,d line your bitch with a good Plummer, The gene pool for Plummers is small and can lead to problem,s. but putting a good un over your bitch should give your pups more nose, always handy in a bushing dog. Best bushing dog i,v had was a Plummer, had his problems though.

Edited by buster gonads
  • Like 3

if the Plummers are working as you like - why not breed them? Do find out their breeding as some can be too tight bred and related and might not suit other. If this is the case then the Plummer dog over the Lakey Russell bitch?

if your set on a terrier then i would put a plummer or good russell over your bitch. ive seen a few russell / plummers and they have all been decent on top and one or two have been half decent below as well. its always a good feeling rearing and starting a pup out of your own stuff

• Like 1