Pheasant Shooting With An Air Gun

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why ruin a breast with pellet,headshot every time.

I headshoot a pheasant now and again with my FAC HW80 .22.   23 ft/lbs does a humane job. I have permission from my farmer to take the odd one for the pot now and again in exchange for the numbers o

It nice being able to sneak up to a truly wild pheasant and head shot it with a airgun , but theres no skill involved shooting somebody else,s birds just out the pen with no tails

I have had a few just walk past the hide and get a lovely cock bird in the garden but never shot one with the air rifle, plenty with the shotgun though. I see no issue shooting one if it was close enough to make a clean kill a cert.

Phil

• Like 1

I have had a few just walk past the hide and get a lovely cock bird in the garden but never shot one with the air rifle, plenty with the shotgun though. I see no issue shooting one if it was close enough to make a clean kill a cert.

Phil

i also agree, only a clean kill :thumbs: FT

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...

True story, Years ago me and a mate were shooting rabbits at the back of a large country house, I spotted a hen pheasant about 70 yards away. So i shot it with the 17hmr, body shot through the front, Well it took off and flew straight at us, i though how did i miss that. Suddenly it fell to the ground right in front of us, When i picked it up, it had no insides left in it. How the hell it flew i have no idea but it did, 

Remember in the miners strike me and a mate from the same pit went up Chatsworth in his old telecom diesel van full of red we had nicked the night before from a cockeing plant i had my BSA Meteor i had bought for my 14th birthday we parked up at the side of a large pine wood and entered the wood it was carpeted with pheasants this was in the day it was like shooting rats in a barrel even though it was the beginning of November i shot 52 in just over an hour as they were pretty tame i do apologise to the young keeper who we saw when we stupidly went back the next day to see him parked up as we drove straight past. I do not see the point these day's tbh in shooting large numbers either with an air rifle or a catapult.

• Like 1
On 22/09/2023 at 09:45, tatsblisters said:

Remember in the miners strike me and a mate from the same pit went up Chatsworth in his old telecom diesel van full of red we had nicked the night before from a cockeing plant i had my BSA Meteor i had bought for my 14th birthday we parked up at the side of a large pine wood and entered the wood it was carpeted with pheasants this was in the day it was like shooting rats in a barrel even though it was the beginning of November i shot 52 in just over an hour as they were pretty tame i do apologise to the young keeper who we saw when we stupidly went back the next day to see him parked up as we drove straight past. I do not see the point these day's tbh in shooting large numbers either with an air rifle or a catapult.

I agree the pheasants in Chatsworth are extremely tame, I spent many hours there with my girls who loved watching all the deer, we keep talking of going back over and taking a walk round there and Bakewell.

Phil

• Like 1
On 22/09/2023 at 09:45, tatsblisters said:

Must admit had my fair share from that area as well...and Haden Hall just down the road

• Like 1