Night Saber Alpha Lamping System New Addition 50Mm Version

I've just bought one, ordered yesterday evening and it was here by the time I got home from work today.

My striker is broken (again) so I can't compare the two side by side at the minute but I'm sure this is brighter. It has virtually no spill from the light, all available light from the LED is channelled to the focussed spot.

You can adjust the beam size from flood to spot by twisting the head, which was my main issue with the Deben 150 rechargeable. it was a bit too tight to run the dog on closer stuff in my opinion. Focused right down, the Alpha is tighter and brighter but I'll probably open the beam slightly for running the dog.

It;s heavier than the 150 as its Aluminium not plastic, but not heavy by any means.

I'll try and get out tonight and have a shine, see what it's like to lamp with.

One BIG bonus and a winner in my opinion... it just about fits in a thigh pocket on Cargo/Army trousers with just the tip of the handle sticking out the top of your pocket. Fits in my wax jacket pocket perfect! Basically a Lightforce Striker hidden in your trouser pocket whilst out walking the dogs.... Brilliant!

Only slight gripe I have so far is the end cap of the Lamp where the batteries are put in is awkward to do up when the batteries are in it. With the batteries sprung against it, its hard to get the thread started.

The torch conversion tube I also bought is a standard type cap with a spring on it and screws up just fine.

I'll let you all know how I get on.

Great stuff, be great to get your thoughts on this v the striker.

• 2 months later...

That's mainly what I use it for.

I put the white LED in the main torch and the red in the smaller one. Search with the red light and run the dog on the white.

Been using the IR LED with the 50mm head with the NV and it seems to be the same as the NM 800 which is twice the price.

I'm sure with the larger head fitted it would out perform it.

Haven't bothered fixing the LightForce this time as I won't be using it again!