Best Dog For Flushing Rabbits & Foxes?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Down to personal preference, a terrier will flush them from cover but could also follow it to ground, time to pull the spade out. A spanial would also flush what you want from cover and is less likel

Don't think you can beat a Russel, possibly a spaniel depending how thick cover is. Only thing with terriers the drop on.

poodle

Posted Images

A Teckel , we hunt a pack of them , nothing will come anywhere near in hunting ability.

Noisey feckers though, not recommended if your somewere you should'nt be, same goes for Beagle crosses, A good cocker X Terrier would be my choice. Best i,v had if there were no sets nearby was a Plummer, couldnt keep him out of the ground though.

A Teckel , we hunt a pack of them , nothing will come anywhere near in hunting ability.

Any pics of your pack sully? D'you work them below, or only as bushers?

Will get some pics later as I'm in work atm , there's one line works above and one that will go to ground , the dog that will go to ground is smaller in build.

Noisey feckers though, not recommended if your somewere you should'nt be, same goes for Beagle crosses, A good cocker X Terrier would be my choice. Best i,v had if there were no sets nearby was a Plummer, couldnt keep him out of the ground though.

My Plummer was fantastic in tight bramble. She could and did get anywhere but like yours I couldn't keep her above ground.

Got a bull X cocker now and it's doing the job for me.

• Like 1

My Plummer was fantastic in tight bramble. She could and did get anywhere but like yours I couldn't keep her above ground.

Wheres your plummer gaz.

Wheres your plummer gaz.

Welsh valleys mate with a hunt terrierman. She's doing the job for him.

Wheres your plummer gaz.

Is she gone becouse she kept going to ground.

Wheres your plummer gaz.

Yes peter that's correct mate

Wheres your plummer gaz.

Shame that she seemed a handy busher.

Wheres your plummer gaz.

Shame that she seemed a handy busher.

She was very handy in cover mate but got a taste for red and that's all she wanted to do. She would also go to ground on rabbit and got stuck more than once. I couldn't keep her above and was finding myself digging every day and not bushing.