Bolt Traps

james95

Just occurred to me why you might need swing door both ends - if ferret wanders in and you want to fish it out without disturbing the trap. Never having used them myself I don't know how likely that is to happen. Can anyone with experience of them say?

one end is a swing door the opposite end has a clip on for opening for the above situation :thumbs:

Just occurred to me why you might need swing door both ends - if ferret wanders in and you want to fish it out without disturbing the trap. Never having used them myself I don't know how likely that is to happen. Can anyone with experience of them say?

Most bolt traps utilise a single entry door,..the ferret sometimes follows his rabbit/rabbits, into the cage,.then it gets emotional :laugh:

• Like 2

Thanks darbo and Phil - makes sense. I think I was confused as if you enlarge the photos at http://www.cj-poultrysupplies.co.uk/epages/es774067.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es774067/Products/1008 and look at the side-on view you can see that type clearly have a swing door both ends. I'll try doing mine with one swing door and one fixed door.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...