Bit Of Fitness...

Gaz_1989

What ever works for you all swings and round abouts. That bitch of yours is clearly not fat but id say the cocker will be on that much lol atb

Just goes to show how different they are. The red bitch is 2" shorter and half the weight.

As long as they look well and perform well then I don't worry too much about amounts. They get different every day.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's the only fitness my lad does and it keeps him trim, they must cover some ground when out.

Had the busher out with the bike this morning. She's been with me a week now so her fitness is coming along but didn't know how she would fair out with the bike.   She really surprised me and was in

Posted Images

3 pound of meat a day fuk me, my busher only has too look at food an he looks like a barrel? He's just a solid lump of muscle of 1 scoop of biscuit and half a pound of meat a day, sometimes I cut it down coz he looks a fat c**t. And goes forever on that.

• Like 1

Aye interestin to see how others do it they all look well anyway lads, it might surprise you then that I only give mine about 350 grams of meat the day before there ran, anymore than that n Iv found they don't run aswell, I feed more on return and when proper winter kicks in tho but still not much more before being ran but like say I bang the meat n some offal in on return..

Dodger i always give a small breakfast on the day im going to lamp find they run better than on a empty tank ,then another portion on returning after a night out when i started feeding raw i was amazed at how little you need to feed to keep in good shape mine all have energy by the bag full..also over feeding can have negative effects as the body is permently working to digest all the excess food.

Makes sence that, I remember going out with older lads as a kid they would just feed on return so the dog would be running all night without being fed for 24 hours it can't be right that can it lol but everybody seemed to do it, like you if going lamping I give a light meal around lunch time then a normal meal when I get back but if I'm going in the morning il give the normal meal at 5 or 6 pm and then feed when I get back not sure why I don't also give a normal meal at lunchtime aswell before lamping thinking about it lol but Iv done it like that for along time now n weather night or day If worked hard I usually blend a drink up to take for when they get back in the motor like a banana yogurt n milk to keep em going until they get home for there food that suits me aswell..

Aye interestin to see how others do it they all look well anyway lads, it might surprise you then that I only give mine about 350 grams of meat the day before there ran, anymore than that n Iv found they don't run aswell, I feed more on return and when proper winter kicks in tho but still not much more before being ran but like say I bang the meat n some offal in on return..

Mine get a tin of mackerel and 2 eggs with some cod liver oil at around 16:00 if we are starting lamping around 22:00-00:00.

Then they get a good feed on return.

Dodger i always give a small breakfast on the day im going to lamp find they run better than on a empty tank ,then another portion on returning after a night out when i started feeding raw i was amazed at how little you need to feed to keep in good shape mine all have energy by the bag full..also over feeding can have negative effects as the body is permently working to digest all the excess food.

If I was over feeding they would be fat mate. If calories in were higher than calories out their would be weight gain.

The busher has dropped weight this last week or so as planned so she's definitely not being over fed.

Mine get a tin of mackerel and 2 eggs with some cod liver oil at around 16:00 if we are starting lamping around 22:00-00:00.

If I was feeding that I'd give it at 12 or 1pm if going lamping but that doesn't mean I'm right plus eggs are digested real well arnt they so, I'd prefare tho one or the other the two eggs n some brown bread or rice or the mackerel with the same but that's just me, I always feed a wet meal pre running tho..

If I was feeding that I'd give it at 12 or 1pm if going lamping but that doesn't mean I'm right plus eggs are digested real well arnt they so, I'd prefare tho one or the other the two eggs n some brown bread or rice or the mackerel with the same but that's just me, I always feed a wet meal pre running tho..

Yeh everyone is different. I can't see the advantage of swapping the mackerel for brown bread or rice but that's just me. If we all did things the same then it would be a boring world.

That cocker x is in fine fettle pal certainly not looking overfed at all, all dogs are different when it comes to metabolism and activity levels I've had littermate where if they were fed the same rations one would be a barrel and the other a bag of bones. Feck all this calculator and weighing food out business unless trying to make weight I've always just fed by eye.

Its true dogs are all diffrent that calculator is just a rough guide to start on maybe for people who are new to barf i used just feed dry and dogs still worked same but obviously raw is better.. Gaz them dogs dont look fat atall like you said everyone does diffrent and what ever works for yous the way go ?