First Sighting Of The Red Stag

I went out for the first time in 3 months yesterday & I heard this big lad in the trees, managed to get a couple of photos from a safe distance , about 3 weeks earlier than last year

• Like 6

Excellent kay , he's a big lad

Dead chuffed I went out yesterday, he seems to have 16 points & I think he is the same stag that was up here last year, he appears a bit stockier across his back as well , perhaps as I have seen him early on in the rut , he wont look so impressive by the middle of October once he is shagged out :laugh:

nice work, was only just thinking whether theyve started around me.

Its a bit early for me to be seeing any sizeable stags tbh, last year was around 3rd Oct & the rut was in full swing .... I guess he wont be tolerating any pricket's in a few weeks as he seemed to do yesterday

Lovely thing to see & I am itching to get out tomorrow again

• Like 1

Its a bit early for me to be seeing any sizeable stags tbh, last year was around 3rd Oct & the rut was in full swing .... I guess he wont be tolerating any pricket's in a few weeks as he seemed to do yesterday

Stay safe! ive only been out at night listening to them roaring, best place is a half hour away, will have to make time during daylight. Im in France, they always seem to be a bit earlier than the u.k.

was that cannock chase .?

was that cannock chase .?
no Raymond I see them in the village up here