Sore On Leg

evening lads,

was just after abit of advice my dogs had this sore on his about 10 days now as it started off i thought it was just a bed sore so i changed bedding ect and gave it a few days see if it would clear up but every time i drain it its filling back up with a clear slightly cloudy liquid could be from abit of blood in it within a couple of hours iv done my best to keep it clean just unsure what to do do i just not drain it and see if it clears up or get him down the vets tomorrow theres no open wound on the elbow ither ? sorry for the bad pic 14322790_10208509100938163_1909326714019

It's a capped elbow, caused by laying on hard ground or boards. When you drain them they sometimes go away and sometimes don't.

This say's a bit about the condition https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hygroma_(canine_disease)

I had a dog years ago that got one and he wouldn't keep bedding in the kennel. I drained it and eventually got better but you could always tell it had been there. It didn't affect his working ability.

If you drain it with a syringe, make sure the needle is sterile and that you don't do any more damage with the point.

• Like 2

It's a capped elbow, caused by laying on hard ground or boards. When you drain them they sometimes go away and sometimes don't.

This say's a bit about the condition https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hygroma_(canine_disease)

I had a dog years ago that got one and he wouldn't keep bedding in the kennel. I drained it and eventually got better but you could always tell it had been there. It didn't affect his working ability.

If you drain it with a syringe, make sure the needle is sterile and that you don't do any more damage with the point.

Agree with MF its bursitis caused by getting up off of hard surfaces

dog has good clean dry soft bedding but iv noticed in the day he seems to lie on the slabs in the run so could be that

dog has good clean dry soft bedding but iv noticed in the day he seems to lie on the slabs in the run so could be that

Yes plus what type of bedding is in his kennel if its straw/hay then it tends to flatten/thin out in places where he lays gets up and moves around hence exposeing the bare floor

Yes plus what type of bedding is in his kennel if its straw/hay then it tends to flatten/thin out in places where he lays gets up and moves around hence exposeing the bare floor

it was straw about 2 weeks ago when i first noticed the swelling then i changed it to vet bedding and shredded paper