Deerhound X Greyhound

Do a searcg for Platt and/or Cookland.. Platt breeds a lot more than Trevor , who the Cookland strain. They are the loveliest,, most laid back dogs on this earth. The problem is finding one which will work as week as well other types. Modern deer/greys just don't seem to have the minerals in the same way that they used to have.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 2

had 3 off platts.1st one pulled his 1st roe at 7 months,1st and 2nd hare at 10 months,1st rabbit at 11 months,1st fox at about 7 months and that was his last except 2's up. that was a 3/4 deerhound 1/4 grey. 31''tts and could definietly could catch rabbits and never stopped hunting.great around the house.can't think of any thing bad about him.2nd one pretty much the same as above but entered her on fox much later and she stopped a few on her own no problem,loads of roe daytime but wouldn't pull them at night for some reason.she died aged 2 after jumping a fallen tree and getting kebabed on a branch,walking home up jumped another one and she still ran after it.she was 1/2 x about 28''.3rd one was my best though she was a 1/2 x about 27 and she was put down due to a working injury.my best breed on dog is the deer/grey and i don't mind anyone knowing i'm kennel blind as feck.all jumped for fun,easyish to train to a good standard.i don't know about lacking in bottle or not wanting it,i found there attitude to work was writing cheques that there body's couldn't cash.i'll get another couple in the spring.£300 each.pleasure to own but i think the modern deerhound biggest problem is there to big if you want serious numbers but they make an excellent sporting dog in there own right.proper all rounder in my eyes.

• Like 9
had 3 off platts.1st one pulled his 1st roe at 7 months,1st and 2nd hare at 10 months,1st rabbit at 11 months,1st fox at about 7 months and that was his last except 2's up. that was a 3/4 deerhound 1/4 grey. 31''tts and could definietly could catch rabbits and never stopped hunting.great around the house.can't think of any thing bad about him.2nd one pretty much the same as above but entered her on fox much later and she stopped a few on her own no problem,loads of roe daytime but wouldn't pull them at night for some reason.she died aged 2 after jumping a fallen tree and getting kebabed on a branch,walking home up jumped another one and she still ran after it.she was 1/2 x about 28''.3rd one was my best though she was a 1/2 x about 27 and she was put down due to a working injury.my best breed on dog is the deer/grey and i don't mind anyone knowing i'm kennel blind as feck.all jumped for fun,easyish to train to a good standard.i don't know about lacking in bottle or not wanting it,i found there attitude to work was writing cheques that there body's couldn't cash.i'll get another couple in the spring.£300 each.pleasure to own but i think the modern deerhound biggest problem is there to big if you want serious numbers but they make an excellent sporting dog in there own right.proper all rounder in my eyes.[/quote

Sounds like there good workers but prone to injury iv had a lot of bull xs over the years and just lost my old one a couple of weeks ago so I'm now fancying a change of breed and really like the deerhound x grey

Some bitch that 2nd one getting killed and still wanting more don't get much gamer than that did you have any pups out of her after she died like

no pups she died aged 2.got kebabed in the stomach a little and through the back leg 2 miles from home.i couldn't carry her back so had to make her walk when another deer jumped and off she went.was going to breed my 3rd bitch next year she was my best

• Like 1
had 3 off platts.1st one pulled his 1st roe at 7 months,1st and 2nd hare at 10 months,1st rabbit at 11 months,1st fox at about 7 months and that was his last except 2's up. that was a 3/4 deerhound 1/4 grey. 31''tts and could definietly could catch rabbits and never stopped hunting.great around the house.can't think of any thing bad about him.2nd one pretty much the same as above but entered her on fox much later and she stopped a few on her own no problem,loads of roe daytime but wouldn't pull them at night for some reason.she died aged 2 after jumping a fallen tree and getting kebabed on a branch,walking home up jumped another one and she still ran after it.she was 1/2 x about 28''.3rd one was my best though she was a 1/2 x about 27 and she was put down due to a working injury.my best breed on dog is the deer/grey and i don't mind anyone knowing i'm kennel blind as feck.all jumped for fun,easyish to train to a good standard.i don't know about lacking in bottle or not wanting it,i found there attitude to work was writing cheques that there body's couldn't cash.i'll get another couple in the spring.£300 each.pleasure to own but i think the modern deerhound biggest problem is there to big if you want serious numbers but they make an excellent sporting dog in there own right.proper all rounder in my eyes.[/quote

Sounds like there good workers but prone to injury iv had a lot of bull xs over the years and just lost my old one a couple of weeks ago so I'm now fancying a change of breed and really like the deerhound x grey

not really injury prone the injurys they had would finish most dogs but apart from that they were fine.

gingerbeard, you say that dave platt breeds good half cross deerhounds,so is that what your going for in spring time,does he charge 300pound for dogs and bitches,and does he have along waiting list for pups,do you know if dave has got any litters on the ground now,or will he have anyready before spring.

gingerbeard, you say that dave platt breeds good half cross deerhounds,so is that what your going for in spring time,does he charge 300pound for dogs and bitches,and does he have along waiting list for pups,do you know if dave has got any litters on the ground now,or will he have anyready before spring.

he's not planning to breed any 1/2 x's but i think i'll try a 9th generation across a grey.so there basically 3/4 grey 1/4 deer.there smaller a little with hopefully more take off speed.£300 all pups.he's got a litter of above now but i'm waiting till spring.

I can only see the down side for those ,they did not last long so pure greys will goes the same time and longer if one gets a steady typefeck it's all fine and dandy ones conquest has a mere sapling but it's how they finish and progress that matters a 2yr old animal ain't lived long enough to give a overall opinion other than broke through work .it his what it his I am afraid and I will stand by my opinion they are best ta get a lurcher from I ain't got enough fingers on both hands that have broken down been killed through work in my life with lurchers time begets us knowledge and wisdom which ain in most scribes books or publications pal a mine have 2 second gen halls away a few weeks back he could seethe. Writing on the wall and it want no gangster scribbles etc.atb bunnys.

• Like 1

I can only see the down side for those ,they did not last long so pure greys will goes the same time and longer if one gets a steady typefeck it's all fine and dandy ones conquest has a mere sapling but it's how they finish and progress that matters a 2yr old animal ain't lived long enough to give a overall opinion other than broke through work .it his what it his I am afraid and I will stand by my opinion they are best ta get a lurcher from I ain't got enough fingers on both hands that have broken down been killed through work in my life with lurchers time begets us knowledge and wisdom which ain in most scribes books or publications pal a mine have 2 second gen halls away a few weeks back he could seethe. Writing on the wall and it want no gangster scribbles etc.atb bunnys.

Eh?! :huh:

• Like 1

is that english.?

had 3 off platts.1st one pulled his 1st roe at 7 months,1st and 2nd hare at 10 months,1st rabbit at 11 months,1st fox at about 7 months and that was his last except 2's up. that was a 3/4 deerhound 1/4 grey. 31''tts and could definietly could catch rabbits and never stopped hunting.great around the house.can't think of any thing bad about him.2nd one pretty much the same as above but entered her on fox much later and she stopped a few on her own no problem,loads of roe daytime but wouldn't pull them at night for some reason.she died aged 2 after jumping a fallen tree and getting kebabed on a branch,walking home up jumped another one and she still ran after it.she was 1/2 x about 28''.3rd one was my best though she was a 1/2 x about 27 and she was put down due to a working injury.my best breed on dog is the deer/grey and i don't mind anyone knowing i'm kennel blind as feck.all jumped for fun,easyish to train to a good standard.i don't know about lacking in bottle or not wanting it,i found there attitude to work was writing cheques that there body's couldn't cash.i'll get another couple in the spring.£300 each.pleasure to own but i think the modern deerhound biggest problem is there to big if you want serious numbers but they make an excellent sporting dog in there own right.proper all rounder in my eyes.

Fantastic post comrade,id not own a first or second bred Deerhound,YET i know that there are folks out there than do and will never own another jukel that is not heavily Deerhound influenced.The facts are that facts are fecking useless,at times.The major thing that would put me off a Deerhoundy lurcher is the name of Platt in its breeding,you mucker have put that to bed.