Soldering On/off Switch On Mark 1 Ferret Finder

If you can de solder the speaker first it makes it easier . You can get stuff call solder wick which is copper braid you place this next to the switch leg on the opposite side of board to the switch put your soldering iron on top of the wick this should draw the solder out of the hole, one by one. If no solder wick you could cut each leg as high as you can then hold the very top where you cut with small nose point pliers hold soldering iron on the leg other side and as you heat pull gently. You have to try and clear the holes of solder may be some striped electrical flex with some flux on it hold over the hole and heat.

When fitting new switch make sure it all the way in or the wheel will foul the casing of the box.

Cheers Arry

Sorry Arry didn't get back to you sooner, very busy last few days plastering room for neighbour and fixing the ferret finder, the old switch piece broke off at the spring and the wheel wouldn't click on/off, so got solder wick father had some,,, bit of resistance got speaker off and the 4 others, cut legs on new switch to the right size and father soldered the new switch turned on finder working, was delighted thanks very much Arry, if I didn't ask would probably

have wrecked it,,THANKS VERY MUCH ARRY,,It is the only finder I have the others are fairly wrecked should be getting another ferret finder in October off farmer down South has one in the press few years,,,,,went out yesterday morning and got 11 rabbits 1 dead and 2 in a stopend,, this years rabbits one bouts they all make run for safety,,, only out 2 hours got to work 4 ferrets at different stages, 2 jills 2 smallish hobs,, will try mix hob and jill in boxes this week see how it goes,,like to have hob and jill team,,massive holes put the 4 ferrets in, THANKS ARRY FOR ALL YOUR HELP, REGARDS MAURICE O DONOGHUE...............

Hi Maurice

Glad you managed to repair/replace the switch on your knocker box, you mentioned that you had other units which were badly in need of TLC. They can almost certainly be repaired and put back into service at a reasonable cost, give me a call if I can help.

Best regards

Jim