We've got 3 apple trees. One of them is a cooking apple that makes terrific crumble.

The other 2 are eating apples of some description. Sort of orangy colour. not as sweet as some apples and not as sharp as say granny smiths, but ok to munch as you walk past.

Thing is you can only eat so many apples and we've got loads left over. I want to pick them before they turn, but any suggestions what to do with a couple of hundred eating apples? Bear in mind I don't have a cider press.

Cheers.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buy a cider press then.

Just made Six gallon on Monday, and Saturday I will be doing another batch I reckon about another seven gallon, it's bloody hard graft though but when your drinking it in the summer its well worth it.

You can make a cider press easily enough mate ... Couple of crates hessian sacks and drive your quad up on top to press the chopped apples .......

Posted Images

Mint jelly, MMMMMMM :yes:

http://www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/mint-jelly-20130211-2e9n9

You can use eating apple just cut down on the sugar. When boiling the apples add the mint stalks but crush them to the mix, adds a lot of flavour.

TC

I don't need to make any mint jelly. I have a mate who makes it for me. :thumbs:

Any idea which type of apples they are?

The ones like the one on the left is a much harder flesh. The ones like the one on the right are generally bigger and softer, more like golden delicious.

20160914_183435.jpg

The left one looks very like the apples on my tree. It's a shame I don't look after it cause I reckon it would hold many an apple.

Any the ones of it are a tad sour....be lovely in a crumble like my grandad used to do.

Oh and before Mal starts yes it's getting pruned when it's time to do so and he will be the first to f***ing get the pictures...??

• Like 2