Fancy Relocating A Wasp Or Hornets Nest?

I think your answer would be a big fat NO.

This part of an article has been taken from the BPCA latest magazine PPC84

The decline of wasp populations across the UK is a major ecological concern. Therefore we would urge that, in cases where wasp nests must be removed from properties, they are not completely destroyed unless absolutely necessary. Instead, it would be of environmental benefit if pest controllers could relocate wasp nests away from human residences, a practice that is already largely carried out in Germany, where the European hornet (Vespa crabro) is protected by law.

Such an approach would allow colony cycle completion, ensuring that fertile queens will be able to found new nests the next year and allowing the fantastic work of wasps to continue.

Fancy it?

I'd give it ago....in fact I think I will with early season wasps next year..

The more wasps that survive the better for me!

Problem would be I think you would have to remove at night and in summer that could be quite late. I remove bees in bird boxes during the day and always seem to get enough to allow the colony to survive....I reckon with wasps you would have loads of troublesome workers searching for the nest

I'd give it ago....in fact I think I will with early season wasps next year..

The more wasps that survive the better for me!

Problem would be I think you would have to remove at night and in summer that could be quite late. I remove bees in bird boxes during the day and always seem to get enough to allow the colony to survive....I reckon with wasps you would have loads of troublesome workers searching for the nest

Does smoke work the same with wasp as Bees?

TC