Cleaning Patch Stuck In Hardy Gen 4 Sound Moderator

Hi,

First of all please refrain from calling me an idiot from running a patch through my sealed moderator :whistling:

Anyway yesterday I pulled a patch through my Hardy gen 4 sound moderator after noticing excessive, the patch got stuck and didn't make it to the other side, the sound mod is not strippable. I've called riflecraft today and they advised me to run water through to flush it out but this didn't work.

I've tried everything including brushes to try and snag the patch, any advise would be greatly appreciated :D

Would using it be safe? would the patch just burn after several rounds with heat?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi try a long drill bit turning quietly or wire shotgun pull through best of luck

You could try to get hold of it by using on of these probes:   https://www.amazon.co.uk/Piece-Stainless-Steel-Dental-Set/dp/B0015V3050   You should try one of the smallest ones, otherwise it won't

If that doesn't work you could try a vacuum cleaner and blocking one of the holes the moderator, could work.

I certainly wouldn't shoot it with a patch stuck in it. But then I wouldn't be in that situation.... :angel:

Can't you hook it out with a coathanger with a bit turned over on the end? It'll come out eventually.

Yes my cleaning OCD has got the better of me on this occasion lol, I can't see it to hook it looking through mod it looks clear it's hiding well, even in tub of water shaking like a crazy man it didn't make an appearance, it's going to be an expensive cleaning session if I can't use :icon_redface:

I have run a wired brush through mine before to loosen the grime, but a patch is a new one on me mate. :laugh:

Take it along to a tyre-fitters and ask them can you give it a few blasts with the air hose. It might just pop it out into the main channel. Remember to wear some safety specs!

• Like 1

I have run a wired brush through mine before to loosen the grime, but a patch is a new one on me mate. :laugh:

Take it along to a tyre-fitters and ask them can you give it a few blasts with the air hose. It might just pop it out into the main channel. Remember to wear some safety specs!

I'm always looking to push the boundaries mate, running a patch through a sealed mod is up there with my greatest brain waves :blink:

I'm about to give up, I've tried everything today including airline and high pressured jet wash... to be honest I can't see how it's still in there.