Welcome To Gods Country ...."tanner"

I wouldn't write him off, I was out with Dan Friday and tanner was in the ground and digging again yesterday. I'm out with him twice a week almost every week lamping and digging and he does a bit with other lads too so if that means his dogs aren't being worked then fair enough haha.

• Like 3

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a few of you may know Gaz has sent the little plummer "Tanner" down here to Wales because of her tendency to drop to ground.   My good pal Wales123 off here took me up to the midlands to collect

for any one interested lads........   i took tanner out for a few hours yesterday, i started the morning using her to flush pheasents off some swede fields so i could get a brace for tea. ounce t h

like i said on another post......dont put much on here any more....sort of a damned if you do damned if you dont situation. but for any one who cares.....the bitch isnt in pup, and i will guarantee an

Posted Images

I'm still here lads just can't be arsed with crabbers nothing to hide my end and I've shown a few lads enough...... Tanner is still ticking away and I have shown a few lads her go. A young russel bitch that we have nick named "the guinea pig" as she is so small has added a few to her tally but unfortunately due to her size I'm afraid I think I know how that will end....but everyone who.has seen her loves her! A Russel bitch I have loaned to a lad in North Wales is still going well.... A tad rough which is why I sent her there but time will tell. Also I have on loan an old Russel bitch of a gent on here and I'm pinching the odd dig to her whilst waiting for her to break down, and also the same gent loaned me a dog to line a bitch with and he has been faultless.....

On a sourer note I have had two mutts decide this game wasn't for them, but I suppose that's this game. The end of the season is in sight for me, had some lads off here down the weekend gone and we had a great craic and some good digging. I will have them back down a couple more times before the end of this month. I have travelled allover this season, a few trips north and a few south.... I plan to visit my mate off here john in bonnie scotland and I plan to match his designer whippet with my lurcher..... Only twist is....I'd be betting on his mutt!!

On a serious note the.season has been an Ok one for me so far and I really hope everyone else's has pleased them.

Stay safe lads

• Like 16

I'm still here lads just can't be arsed with crabbers nothing to hide my end and I've shown a few lads enough...... Tanner is still ticking away and I have shown a few lads her go. A young russel bitch that we have nick named "the guinea pig" as she is so small has added a few to her tally but unfortunately due to her size I'm afraid I think I know how that will end....but everyone who.has seen her loves her! A Russel bitch I have loaned to a lad in North Wales is still going well.... A tad rough which is why I sent her there but time will tell. Also I have on loan an old Russel bitch of a gent on here and I'm pinching the odd dig to her whilst waiting for her to break down, and also the same gent loaned me a dog to line a bitch with and he has been faultless.....

On a sourer note I have had two mutts decide this game wasn't for them, but I suppose that's this game. The end of the season is in sight for me, had some lads off here down the weekend gone and we had a great craic and some good digging. I will have them back down a couple more times before the end of this month. I have travelled allover this season, a few trips north and a few south.... I plan to visit my mate off here john in bonnie scotland and I plan to match his designer whippet with my lurcher..... Only twist is....I'd be betting on his mutt!!

On a serious note the.season has been an Ok one for me so far and I really hope everyone else's has pleased them.

Stay safe lads

Matching don't you be gay now I couldn't have u all the way here to disappoint u??

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 30/09/2016 at 11:56, phill kettle said:

I bred Tanner here in Stoke On Trent. I've had Plummers for many years and trust me they are superb all-round hunters who excel at ratting. I will be open and honest and say that I haven't done any earth work for years. Ratting and rabbiting is my game now, and being in my 60's its much easier lol. There has been much talk in the past about on "how good are Plummers as earth dogs ? " Well I would say most Plummers are not used for earth work but I have witnessed some who are as good as any Lakie or Patterdale/Fell types. I guess it's down to how you enter and bring a dog on. My Plummer pack is used for ratting ( The Potters rat pack, Stoke On Trent ). I am so glad that Tanner is doing a good job 'Mega Hunter'. It makes me proud to see a Plummer doing the job. Good luck with her. I'm looking forward to the new season especially now that I've resigned from the European Plummer Terrier Society ( EPTS) Committee. I finally got tired of all the politics. Time to concentrate more on my terriers again and my air- rifling which I love. I've recently bought two more Plummer pups to bring on in my pack, so busy times ahead lol. Have a great season guys and hunt well with your dogs.

post-77440-0-33466500-1475232162_thumb.jpg

post-77440-0-65392400-1475232451.jpg

I have one from your line (O/C Trojan Vin) and hes certainly a ratter.

https://imgur.com/wndSOCb

• Thanks 1
On 12/09/2016 at 09:29, gwalchmai4110 said:

As a few of you may know Gaz has sent the little plummer "Tanner" down here to Wales because of her tendency to drop to ground.

My good pal Wales123 off here took me up to the midlands to collect the bitch yesterday, a six hour round trip and this is after we had been for an early morning mooch with the lurchers so just shows there are some real genuine lads left in this game.

my plan was to settle her in , get a bond going and then start taking her out with the hounds but im an impatient f****r so as soon as we got back i just had to take her out on the hill to see what she was about. Such a funny little dog as she is as steady as a rock! a real happy go lucky little bitch.

i was out with a mate of mine with his old lurcher "Bess" and as we walked off the hill into the trees we found the old mutt biting at a small earth. now this bitch will only mark one quarry so i had no doubt what was home. so here we are, out on the hill , one being marked to ground, and all i had with me was one of those useless plummers that i have read so much about on here, and she has only been with me for less than three hours.

but im an optimist......a real "glass half full" type of fellow so i hussed her in. long story short she was a little unsure after her first meeting with old red but with a little encouragement she stuck to, settled into her stride and bayed her head off. i left her to it for a while before getting the banjo out and opening up to her working a nice fiery vixen at a depth of...........12 inches lol

one swallow certainly doesnt make a summer and although im an optimist im also a realist, and its a long hard season for the terriers in my kennel so we will see if she is still there at the end!!!

atb

post-93865-0-71281600-1473667897.jpg

post-93865-0-69211400-1473667906.jpg

post-93865-0-71617200-1473667914.jpg

post-93865-0-23748500-1473667926.jpg

That’ll do then mate.

only one criticism...,I’ll think you’ll find Yorkshire is gods country ?

well done to the little bitch ??