Best Wet Weather Hunting Clothing

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nike air max, adidas trackie bottoms and a superdry hoodie

Something about getting wet while having a good dig and driving home in your bundys lol-been stopped plenty of times by the law and jumped out in my pants "can I help you officer? atb dc

I’m sorry lads but if your out in the rain or the mud , your getting wet .  You can rock up looking like the duke of Argyll on peg no 5 with a spade and it’ll do as much use as if you went out lo

Posted Images

• 3 years later...

I’m sorry lads but if your out in the rain or the mud , your getting wet . 

You can rock up looking like the duke of Argyll on peg no 5 with a spade and it’ll do as much use as if you went out looking like your about to abseil into the Iranian embassy 

for me , I’m very much a boots , some sort of cheapish walking trousers , layer on top , t shirt , sweatshirt , some kind of lightweight jacket , rab montane Lowe alpine , take your pick 

then at the end of the day , into joggers and a hoody at the motor 

• Like 6

I’m not a digging man but have spent plenty of time outdoors working in all sorts of weather. As said, a lot of the hunting style clothing is heavy and more fashionable these days. To keep dry on the move I use a goretex shell or paramo. I wouldn’t want to be digging in them though. If I ripped them I wouldn’t be too happy. No matter what you are wearing when digging I think you are eventually going to get wet, rip kit or knees etc are going to wear. Either that or you will be wet with sweat if you are digging hard enough! I don’t mind being wet as long as I’m warm. Decent base layers and a waterproof shell does for me. Always a dry set of clothes in the van for a quick change. ATB 

• Like 2