17 Hmr Hornady V Max Ammo Shortage

Both of my local RFDs are out of VMax. Managed to get some Remington from one and Winchester from another. Worryingly one of the RFDs said he's spoken directly to one of the Edgar brothers (who import the stuff) and he suggests that it might not appear for some time. The other suggested it's imminent, so in short, could be any day, could be yonks.

Edited by stuartpengs

You often hear RFDs saying that it's due to the USA not wanting to export much because of home grown demand.

Almost every round of HMR ammunition is made by CCI in the USA for every manufacturer to their own specification. The only one I think has it's own rimfire plant is Winchester.

So if the Yanks don't want to export it, then we come second and have little back up.

Haven't heard any rumours about the HSE/Quality Control issues but they're long established issues with the HMR because of the way it's made. Could equally be that.

When I was in the States recently, there was hardly anything on the shelf in some places, perhaps demand is outstripping supply there.