Silver

bhawk

Well i went and bred one of my albino hobs with a poley jill. She had a troubled labour with a visit to the vets and only one kit survived.
The kits now 5 weeks old and is a stunning silver. problem being i would love to breed more like him but i went and vasectomised the father haha
I dont know i always thought it was only certain bloodlines that breed silvers, but the mother was a half micro polecat and the father was a box standard albino hob.

post-14303-0-27172500-1473454568_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

All albinos only carry albino colour genes. Polecats can carry all sorts, but because the dark polecat colour is dominant that's the colour they are 'on the surface'. But because they can carry all sorts of other genes they can give birth to various different colours. The fact your jill has produced a silver shows she carries that gene, so mating her with another albino in the future might throw up one or two the same. (But your kit might still darken into a lightish poley - I've seen plenty of young kits that look silver but by the time they're 8 - 10 weeks old they're clearly not.)

Well the good news is, as i thought, he has turned out a gorgeous silver, with a little faint black bit. Hes a good stocky boy, my hunting partner has already called dibs on breeding from him if he can graft. Ill get photos up when he stops moving long enough to get a clear photo.