Secrets Of The Sas

One thing I noticed that they all said they had troubled up bringings and some of them were tearaways in their teens liked the part when the cameraman asked the one what did he think about shooting women and children and he said they not women and children they targets when they armed fair play to him

sorry I have not read any further than this, so apologise if it's been said elsewhere, but the reason they all had troubled upbringings is the fact that most of the original sas were former borstal boys, i was taught this in borstal myself, it was one of there claims to fame and something they were quite rightly proud of, and having served a few years at, Portland and guys marsh, borstal,s I can confirm that shooting women and kids would not raise the heart beat of most inmates, it was a very strict regime based on military discipline,s were they would basically break your sole and spirit, then pick you up from your lowest point to become your surrogate parents, and in return you would do everything and anything asked of you, sadly I have to admit that the reason most of us were there in the first place was because we never really had a conscience or gave a shit about the people we had screwed over, all the raw ingredients you need for a professional killing machine, ???

Being a little fukcer and ending up in borstal is a far cry from becoming a professional soldier and has nothing to do with potentially being a "professional killing machine".

maybe not today but when the sas was formed it was made up of a large amount of boys from borstal, that's a true fact and that was the context of my reply, I,m not suggesting that anyone who wants to get in the sas today mugs an old lady, it was just a little bit of history, sorry if it offended you

I've never heard of that fact and I suppose you mean lads that left borstal to join the army and then went onto the SAS ... Either way no offence taken here mate .......

I think they were actually taken from borstal in ww2 to make up for the shortfall and as they were being sent on missions they were,nt expected to return from it did,nt really matter, the ones that went on to complete there missions, were the ones that went on to form the original sas, or at least that was the story portrayed to us along with an old film, I can not confirm or deny how true it is as I never researched it, Internet was still sci fi then

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Met up with a mate of mine today his father in law died a few wks ago he was 99yrs Oldham he was one of the 1st sas men, 6 serving paras carried him into the church

He was part of a four man team that was captured in Iraq and were due to be executed mates of mine were part of the team that rescued him ......

Being a little fukcer and ending up in borstal is a far cry from becoming a professional soldier and has nothing to do with potentially being a "professional killing machine".

Nah mik he's not in this one. He did a few shows years back with the other guy from Falkirk who died.

whats with the older guy with the dark glasses lol if thats to hide his identity he failed

Its just I am sitting here with a work colleauge here in Iraq he our head of security and he was in the British and NZ sas for a lot of years and said that guy should never have been in the sas

Nah mik he's not in this one. He did a few shows years back with the other guy from Falkirk who died.

whats with the older guy with the dark glasses lol if thats to hide his identity he failed

Its just I am sitting here with a work colleauge here in Iraq he our head of security and he was in the British and NZ sas for a lot of years and said that guy should never have been in the sas

nothing is infallible mate. Prob quite a few who shouldn't be in it. However sooner or later they get found out. Look@ the police lol

I've worked with a few ex special forces. I didn't ask questions to much but one comment that stuck in my memory was after I said "wow that must have been exciting" one replied "we spent most of our time sitting in a ditch". I think it depends on the branch but most of their ops are reconnaissance...just watching people or things.

My late father in law was one of the original sas members sgt Jack Terry DCM, he told me one or two stories of his exploits, I can seen myself now shaking my head thinking your fcuking kidding me right?

He got his DCM for attempting to kidnap or kill Rommell in WW2 and carrying his injured colonel for 40 nights through the desert.

One thing he said to me about 15 years ago was, hey Del you see them wastes of spaces over there, pointing to a group of typical chavs, when I was their age I was slitting the throats of german sentries on an airfield in Africa, the little bustards don't know how easy they have it, he had no time for the youth of today and did not mind telling them so either lol.

I once bought him a book for xmas, Bravo 2 zero, the bad tempered old sod threw it in the bin telling me, there is nothing they can tell me about the sas, and they should not be telling anybody else either, bloody terrorists nowadays get ready for us before we are coming he said lol…….he was an hard man to please lol

There is a book out their called " get Rommell" by Michael Asher, well worth the read

• Like 6

What part of of beautiful Iraq are you in ?

The regimes prides itself on secrecy and for a show to be called the secrets of the SAS is a laugh! Lol take it with a pinch of salt way they say, yeah they probly tell a good bit of facts but I can guarantee then bend the truth in a lot! they aren't gonna go on TV and tell the world the entire truth! I know a guy that in camp was the best soldier u could meet, new it all, fit. As f**k, like freakishly fit! failed, another soldier, shite couldn't even put a rifle sling on, done p company with him, failed, but u put him in the field in and he would like chuck Norris and bear grylls! He passed, also said u can be action man, if ur attitude isn't right or ur not a grey man they don't want ya! Most of the troopers I have seen looked like average guys, nothing special, but when u seen them boys go to town on ya on an exercise u realise they are a complete different breed of human being that's y there is only a couple of hundred of them!

Worked in Hereford barracks probably 15 yr or more ,fitting windows in squaddies houses.the gentleman was just leaving after being in for 12 yrs,in all honesty he looked f**k all and I thought to myself I could do him lol.above the stairs he had a trophy cabinet full of medals etc,best boxer,loads of different stuff.I was leaning over the banister to look at one on top shelf-I knocked it off and it fell to the floor and broke away from the base,I quickly siliconed it back together and put it back abit sharpish lol-same time we are fitting the windows he is using a disc cutter in the garden.ripped all the windows out up stairs and dust sheeted rest of house-the dopey barsteward started cutting the concrete and blew all the dust through the house-couldn't see a f***ing thing :)-asked him about what he did and his only words on the subject were'it's just a job and you shut off like any normal person when the shift is done' always wondered what he would have done to me for breaking that trophy lol-my dad was a para and I have uncles and cousins in the armed forces-take my hat off to those who serve queen and country-maximum RESPECT.atb dc

• Like 1

I knew a a family once who if I remember correctly had two serving/served and one of the brothers was always being seconded training wise with the specials..

Tough lads from east York's ;)

All the lads on the programme were southerners or jocks.

Around 1999/2000 I was in Australia for a while and a family I stayed with for a few weeks were an old royal navy family from the UK. The father died in the 80's and was an author who had a shit load of historical books some of them military.

I did a bit of work around their land and as a present they have me a first edition of The Phantom Major by Virginia Cowles about Sir David Stirling signed by the man himself. It turned out the father's family were friends with the Stirling's and the Major gave that to the father when was alive. It sits proud on my bookshelf as my favourite book.

I enjoy the show because it's not about their tactics which we'll never know bit their mindset and outlook which is very interesting in itself.

Big respect to all you military fellas. You've helped keep bad b*****ds at bay at risk to yourselves.

• Like 5