First Proper Mooch In 6 Weeks...

Gaz_1989

back on your feet and dogs out good stuff although still cant get over size that bull/cocker lol

iv been out with few terriers bushing over the years thing i found is how slow they worked the cover,not saying they all like that but couple i see were,i soon got fed up standing around waiting for them to move on.

the spaniel x terriers work fast and thorough for me its their style,that hedgerow would be worked as your walking literaly which is why they suit me,another reason up to and around 15 tts works well,they doing lot work and lot miles,anyways thats probably another subject entirely, good luck for the season ahead atb

I know what you're saying but like krawnden says, is it slow or thorough?

If a spaniel or spaniel cross is working the same cover my terrier is, with the same result and quicker then spot on. But if it's working the cover quicker and missing stuff then that's no good around here as game is pretty thin on the ground.

I aren't saying yours miss stuff, maybe that extra size allows them to make more of a disturbance and vacant whatever is at home? But you've got 2 bushers to my 1 terrier remember.

The bull cocker works a lot faster than my terrier, he's in, makes a disturbance and back out, bushes while you're walking as you describe. But then the terrier goes in after, keeps you waiting a few minutes and then out comes a bunny which was sat tight.

He's still young and learning the ropes though yet so hopefully that's more to do with age and inexperience than a difference in breeds and types.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well folks as some of you know I've had my leg in a cast for 6 weeks after breaking my ankle. It's been the longest 6 weeks of my life and I've been itching to get out. Done a few small walks on my cr

I.ll put it another way then.a dog like that is a liability if you don't no all the earth's where you are hunting .and it drops in all the time you will be forever looking for it .not my type of days

I'm sure mine miss a few inevitable at times,we all enjoying what we do is the main thing.i only started with one busher remember lol,food for thought maybe either way id rather miss a few and keep going if im honest you cant kill them all lol will always be there for another day

ha ha belting idea! ill dig her ounce at .7............. and viola your in the money.

what if i use her in hunt service......a hunt service plummer....the pups must be £1000 all day long. but we all know they will not work to ground gaz!

Plummer in hunt service? You been reading books again? ?
Wooah now you can hold the Plummer on hunt days nothing to do with me ??

ha ha belting idea! ill dig her ounce at .7............. and viola your in the money.

what if i use her in hunt service......a hunt service plummer....the pups must be £1000 all day long. but we all know they will not work to ground gaz!

Plummer in hunt service? You been reading books again?
Wooah now you can hold the Plummer on hunt days nothing to do with me

ha ha ha two choices owes.......you put the plummer on your couple......or ill bring a tin of white spray and we will make a russel out of it!

Plummer in hunt service? You been reading books again?
Wooah now you can hold the Plummer on hunt days nothing to do with me

ha ha ha two choices owes.......you put the plummer on your couple......or ill bring a tin of white spray and we will make a russel out of it!
Il take option two least try make it look like a tidy dog first haha

I'm sure mine miss a few inevitable at times,we all enjoying what we do is the main thing.i only started with one busher remember lol,food for thought maybe either way id rather miss a few and keep going if im honest you cant kill them all lol will always be there for another day

Very good post that mate. Probably the best you've wrote. It's like I typed it myself. Haha. Only messing.

Seriously though that's a valid point. Miss a few and keep on moving. Or stood still for 15 mins to get one stubborn rabbit out of a huge area.

Can you call your spaniel crosses out of cover while they are grafting away if you need to?

I'm not my bitches favourite fan at the moment. Just had a nice 3 hour mooch turn into a 3 hour rescue mission after she got herself stuck to ground. Wedged between a broken concrete pipe and a load of broken up house bricks, 3 feet down under thick roots, 12 feet into a blackthorn and nettle bush.

If you've ever Chopped through 12 foot of blackthorn and nettle with a walking stick and then dug 3 feet through roots and bricks with a broken folding shovel and your hands then you will understand my frustration and why I'm thinking about changing my name to spaniel Gaz ?

• Like 2

Very good post that mate. Probably the best you've wrote. It's like I typed it myself. Haha. Only messing.

Seriously though that's a valid point. Miss a few and keep on moving. Or stood still for 15 mins to get one stubborn rabbit out of a huge area.

Can you call your spaniel crosses out of cover while they are grafting away if you need to?

I'm not my bitches favourite fan at the moment. Just had a nice 3 hour mooch turn into a 3 hour rescue mission after she got herself stuck to ground. Wedged between a broken concrete pipe and a load of broken up house bricks, 3 feet down under thick roots, 12 feet into a blackthorn and nettle bush.

If you've ever Chopped through 12 foot of blackthorn and nettle with a walking stick and then dug 3 feet through roots and bricks with a broken folding shovel and your hands then you will understand my frustration and why I'm thinking about changing my name to spaniel Gaz ?

that bitch is keeping you on ya toes spaniel gaz lol, she seems a game little fuker fp

that bitch is keeping you on ya toes spaniel gaz lol, she seems a game little fuker fp

Dunno about game. Stupid more like. Lol. The bellman is a lifesaver. But i aren't a digging lad. Lurchers are stood round wanting excersise while I'm playing search and rescue.

• Like 1

Dunno about game. Stupid more like. Lol. The bellman is a lifesaver. But i aren't a digging lad. Lurchers are stood round wanting excersise while I'm playing search and rescue.
yea the bellmans paid off for u already pal im the same diggings not really my thing that's why I bought a Fuking Plummer ?I guess il have to be careful lol

yea the bellmans paid off for u already pal im the same diggings not really my thing that's why I bought a Fuking Plummer ?I guess il have to be careful lol

Anyone who's told you plummers don't go to ground can have this c**t for a week ?

• Like 4

If you've ever Chopped through 12 foot of blackthorn and nettle with a walking stick and then dug 3 feet through roots and bricks with a broken folding shovel and your hands then you will understand my frustration and why I'm thinking about changing my name to spaniel Gaz

yea the bellmans paid off for u already pal im the same diggings not really my thing that's why I bought a Fuking Plummer I guess il have to be careful lol

Anyone who's told you plummers don't go to ground can have this c**t for a week

This is gods way of telling you to send her down her for some digging gaz!!!

atb