First Proper Mooch In 6 Weeks...

Gaz_1989

Well folks as some of you know I've had my leg in a cast for 6 weeks after breaking my ankle. It's been the longest 6 weeks of my life and I've been itching to get out. Done a few small walks on my crutches (up to 3 mile) but it's not the same sticking to footpaths and having to be careful where you go.

Plus couldn't let terrier off as I wasn't really fit to dig to her with a cast on. Lol.

Anyway my cast came off this morning, left the hospital at 12 and was on the land for 2. f***ing loved it. Just goes to show how we take the simple things for granted.

Nothing special, just a nice mooch. Tommys Bull X Cocker is coming on well and starting to crash cover now. He follows the terrier pretty well.

Only flushed a couple of rabbits and ended the mooch with testing the bellman and flint out. Terrier dropped in on a fox. Luckily it bolted as I broke through and we had the dogs on the leads and gamekeeper on standby with the gun all in accordance with the law

Happy hunting lads and lasses...

8906598F-0E0F-4FBC-8DE3-86DB536931E2_zps

A099950F-4CAF-4F91-8102-D2CEA9CEF5B1_zps

DCD6E2DE-D7A7-4254-ACF3-DABFE23C70BC_zps

Couple of videos of bushing...

Jim the JCB...

• Like 15

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well folks as some of you know I've had my leg in a cast for 6 weeks after breaking my ankle. It's been the longest 6 weeks of my life and I've been itching to get out. Done a few small walks on my cr

I.ll put it another way then.a dog like that is a liability if you don't no all the earth's where you are hunting .and it drops in all the time you will be forever looking for it .not my type of days

Cheers lads.

Hedge crawler - We only really see rabbit and fox. Got couple of permissions with hares (for shooting obviously) but they aren't very good for bushing. Not got any deer around here really.

C. green - the red bitch is collie/bull/grey X wheaten/grey. 18 months old.

Sounds a good amount of game.

Round my way there are deer seemingly everywhere,it can be a real hassle when deer pop up from every wood or field.

There have been sightings of munjac these last few months but it's only odd ones here and there. Hopefully they breed like rabbits and spread like wild fire. To shoot obviously. Lol

Nice bitch you can see the runners know the game mine tend to all pile in cover at once leaving the rabbit (or whatever) to make a clean escape.

Cheers mate. It's only been these last 6 months or so that they've clicked and started to work as a team. Hopefully we will have a bit of fun come winter. Especially now we got 2 bushers and different bushers at that. Should have most bases covered. I'm gonna be getting another busher next spring too.