Typical start to the season. Been waiting on my pup coming to age nipped out over the summe checking places and some looking good and used. Last season I resisted the urge to go near the places I was saving for my pup or let anyone dig them. Come the season and pup being a good age I look at all the spots and some are not holding some have been dug no not a good start and I was not a happy bunny that someone either beat me to them or dug them without me

• Like 1

I walked several permissions yesterday just to have a look, only a lurcher with me, no terrier, nothing looked used, but lots of fox shit about so they are about, also picked up a leather terrier collar that someone left behind at a den, obviously took off to let a dog run it, was not dug, maybe they got a bolt, who knows, way too warm either way.

Just walked me dogs and when I went past next door two me dogs jumped in the bush , I thought rat .barked so I called them because his dog be in there at times. When I come back from walk dogs looked again and when I came near my house a lovely beagle harrier type flew across grass and dogs trying chase it . I called mine back . funny worled

First time in years Mary I seen someone use the word "den". Years ago anywhere a fox would lie was called his den ,now you never hear it.

Just a word we used Neil, it was never earth or sett, it was fox den or badger den, most use the correct terms nowadays.

• Like 1

Typical start to the season. Been waiting on my pup coming to age nipped out over the summe checking places and some looking good and used. Last season I resisted the urge to go near the places I was saving for my pup or let anyone dig them. Come the season and pup being a good age I look at all the spots and some are not holding some have been dug no not a good start and I was not a happy bunny that someone either beat me to them or dug them without me

You have to be very careful who you show earths to Neil!

Seen a place yesterday evening about 6 holes dug in a area of about 10 foot radius, no backfilling ect, cuxts want to be backfilled, horses travel the same land regularly wouldn't have been pretty if a mounted horse tripped into one of them holes. The farmer is an oddball at the best of times, if I never spotted it and an accident did happen , no doubt about it I'd have lost the permission , makes my blood boil

• Like 2

A few years ago a farmer rang me to move vermin and when checking the earths I found a hole 20 yards from the ditch not backfilled with about 40 heifers in the field.

Funny enough there was 1 at home so I backfilled my own dig and the one out in the field.

I told the farmer to not ring me if he was letting cowboys on the land. If a beast had broke a leg in that hole I'd have been blamed.

Next time the cowboy showed up the farmer said NO as he hadn't backfilled the last time.

He told the farmer it wasn't him and it was probably that c**t Cooney. United we stand my arse, LOL.

• Like 3