Golden Eagle

Guest Navek

After Abit of help lads. I'm looking to get a early wedding present for my brother and he's realy like golden eagles for as long as I can remember he's never flown a bird of prey or seen one fly other than at game fairs but I've flown acouple ,I'm trying to find some one who would let me and my brother tag along to whatch one hunt hare/rabbit or what ever quarry they use it on..obviously I'm not wanting it for free but I will pay for me and my brother and willing to travle anywhere ( will stay in a bnb night befor if have to )..I no there are falconry centres were he can go see them but that's not realy his or my cup of tea and defiantly not paying there rediculouse prices to watch the bird fly back and forth acouple times and then a pic lol... If anyone noes anyone who can help me out I'd be very grateful like I say I will pay for the privilege for us to watch the birds work, not expecting it for nowt ...cheers

• 1 month later...

Navek did you manage to get hold of anyone with a Golden Eagle ?.......i did one of them ridiculous Falconry courses where you watch the bird fly back and forth a couple of times over the weekend :D must admit i found it quite enjoyable obviously its nothing like being out doing the business with one but for a simpleton like me it was just the job taught me the absolute basics so im in the same boat now id quite like to tag along with someone,let us know please if you did find anyone.

Some birds though i couldnt get over the weight of them you just dont expect a bird to weigh 12 lb !......geezer reckoned their talons have the same crushing strength as 7 Rottweiler jaws which i find a bit hard to believe but seriously impressive birds nonetheless.

Navek did you manage to get hold of anyone with a Golden Eagle ?.......i did one of them ridiculous Falconry courses where you watch the bird fly back and forth a couple of times over the weekend :D must admit i found it quite enjoyable obviously its nothing like being out doing the business with one but for a simpleton like me it was just the job taught me the absolute basics so im in the same boat now id quite like to tag along with someone,let us know please if you did find anyone.

Some birds though i couldnt get over the weight of them you just dont expect a bird to weigh 12 lb !......geezer reckoned their talons have the same crushing strength as 7 Rottweiler jaws which i find a bit hard to believe but seriously impressive birds nonetheless.

yeh deff a magnificent bird :yes: , but seen vid with them trying to kill a fox, and they got there talons into the fox, and still struggled , yeh there strong but not as said as above , bloody hell a rottie jaw power 380 psi that's only one lol

I did one of them falconry days a couple of years ago, there was 4 people on it for a morning, after we finished I was chatting with the lad and when the others buggered off. we went hunting with his harris hawk on the estate lol we didn't get anything but it had a cracking flight at a woodcock which made my day. I cant remember where it was now? skipton way I think?

Apparently the Golden Eagle numbers are really low im told theres barely 100 pairs left in the Uk all up in the Highlands......impressive birds though im still not convinced about some of the animals they supposedly take.....the course i did was a weekend course for the reason that its within a short flight of an infants school :blink: ....i mean come on....really ?

I dont know what they take in the wild, but my mate accounts for roe with his

Really.......it must all be about the strike itself......one slight mistake and its disaster surely......quite interesting really.

they are wed to the head from what I understand, its not the most natural of quarry as they are trained on lure hides, ill have to catch up with him and get out, we've had some good craic in the field, just never with the birds.

• Like 1