Never Mind The Bulls

We calve 500 beef cows every year.anyone that is overly aggressive when they have a calf is culled.no second chances no exceptions.the bosses say they no cow is worth someones kids growing up without a dad.even still its a very dangerous place to be and if you get in a situation and have a stick,a hard crack on the very top of the head (where the horns would grow from) might just give you a few seconds.its sensitive for them and it can make them back up briefly. Im not advising animal cruelty just in an emergency

• Like 3

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It helps more if you can out run the dog lol.   I

Cows and calves can be a deadly combination especially if you add a dog to the equation!

That'll do for the curious and bullocks/calves but you can forget it working on a protective heffer. Always carry a stick in a field of cows and have thee dog loose but at heel

If you do have a stick crack them over the nose seen an old boy kill a beast that way once it got him cornered in a field all he had was a spit bar she dropped like a bag of shit most beasts are just excited when there jumping all over the bit it's the ones you don't see are the deadly ones

Was out fishing a few years ago over by St Fagans museum and and old girl went past walking her dogs,she got 2 fields away and was trampled by some young cows-poor old thing didn't survive.I don't trust cows myself always carry a stick to crack the fuckers.big pain when out lamping.atb dc

Was out fishing a few years ago over by St Fagans museum and and old girl went past walking her dogs,she got 2 fields away and was trampled by some young cows-poor old thing didn't survive.I don't trust cows myself always carry a stick to crack the fuckers.big pain when out lamping.atb dc

yeh the cows are norm after the dogs, ive had them come after the dogs either in the day or lamping, my 2 will just piss off when the cows come after them, which is a good thing, last time i had them after me dog lamping,Buck had got a rabbit and was coming back to me with the rabbit, when they went after him. he jumped a 5bar gate and waited for me with the rabbit, prob his best ever retrieve he ever done :yes:

• Like 1

What would be the best thing to do if one turned on you and you were a long way from the edge of the field.

Would I be right in thinking it would be best to run at the cow waving arms and shouting?

Those festivals involving bull fighting have small rings where you can go in them with a bullock. The locals say you should drop to the floor and ply dead if you can't get away....I wouldn't fancy trying it myself lol

• Like 1

What would be the best thing to do if one turned on you and you were a long way from the edge of the field.

Would I be right in thinking it would be best to run at the cow waving arms and shouting?

Those festivals involving bull fighting have small rings where you can go in them with a bullock. The locals say you should drop to the floor and ply dead if you can't get away....I wouldn't fancy trying it myself lol

I was once told lie down in a field of cows and they'll come and keep nudging you till you get up... Not going try it though especially with the Charolaise bullocks round here :laugh:

always sarcrafice the dog, :laugh:

My old dog would happily sacrifice himself for the rest of us and proved it several times. He used to round on them if they were behind us and go fuuckin mental barking and dishing out pain when they got too close. Never worried about cows when old Cooper was in the field with me. Gone but never forgotten ?

my boy had a lucky escape a couple years back while lamping. cow charged him from behind. full on. he went flying in the air and landed, knocking the wind right out of himself. he was just a skinny young lad then. if he had being a bigger fella i think it would have being a different storey. it never put him off though but learned him a valuable lesson.

dangerous, unpredictable animals they are.

I had a near miss when I was about 14 and out with the air rifles. We knew these particular cattle could be a bit lively, they were my mates uncles, but we were pretty close to the fence and thought we would be alright, we hadn't been in the field long and they came charging over, they looked more than just interested so we legged it and got under the barbed wire fence, these fuckers ploughed it straight down like it wasn't there.

Luckily we only had a few cuts and bruises from scrambling under and over fences and didnt get trampled but I've been bloody cautious ever since.

It helps if you can send your dog on, it's normally the dog there after

Spot on, We have cattle on our place.

The cow won't have attacked the woman what normally happens Is the cow goes for the dog the dog shits its self and runs to its owner then the cow runs through its owner to get to the dog.