Running 2 Dogs

If it was me id keep taking the dog out on its own and put as much time in as you can it should pay off. If it doesn't and your dog carry on how he is then that might be as good a it's getting I'd settle for thar every dog has its downsides you either tolerate them or you don't. It's your dog you decide what you want how you want it and then work with the dog. That's how I'd be thinking and doing it but then again my dogs are probably nothing compared to most dogs on here that's y I didn't try tell u what to do n just gave my view how I'd try it

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your not doing to bad there sir with your advice   The dog should have no resistance in or around its owner, a lot of little niggles with the dog are ironed out by a feeling of trust in that space

Is she a shy type, yourself her and the rabbit in the same space is not working for her, Feed only in your space , sit on a chair and get her putting her feet up on you to feed A dog can play all

Get the dog retreaving property on its own, then try the two together.   Probably thinks older dog will nick his price.   If you carry on taking both you could end up with a dog that Never retr

If it was me id keep taking the dog out on its own and put as much time in as you can it should pay off. If it doesn't and your dog carry on how he is then that might be as good a it's getting I'd settle for thar every dog has its downsides you either tolerate them or you don't. It's your dog you decide what you want how you want it and then work with the dog. That's how I'd be thinking and doing it but then again my dogs are probably nothing compared to most dogs on here that's y I didn't try tell u what to do n just gave my view how I'd try it

Good post that. Most mutts have definitely got their downsides or tasks they aren't so good at. And like you say we have to try and see their advantages otherwise you could end up going through alot of dogs. There are more world beaters online than in the field. Lol

That's all well an good of running bigger stuff but we talking g about bunnies an anything more than one dog per bunny is insane, and retrieving is a far bigger sin in a bunny dog than any other IMO, if we fail to train the retrieve, then we need to try other methods, as simply putting it down to being a weak point is a pile a shite an simply making excuses, no shame in trying another mans way or even taking dog elsewhere yo be trained,nowt to do with world beaters haha anybody thats seen mutts will to you they are nowt special, but they retrieve haha

There's bigger sins than not retrieving to me. Not taking squatters, yapping, pulling up at hedges, picking and choosing runs, hunting up after it's missed.

Each to their own though. We all want different things from our dogs.

Same as I aren't fussed about a hard mouth but other lads won't keep a dog what's hard mouthed.