Lithium Advice Please........

right lads i have a couple of the cordless style lamps and find them bloody grand for bashing bunnies on the small fields here in wales.

im looking at biting the bullet and investing in a lithium setup. But i am bloody clueless as to whats what! just wandering if any lads on here who use a lithium setup could let me know what they are using in regards to AH?

and also what lamp they use them with?

i understand that every one is different and has differing needs just wandering what a few different lads use?

atb

For small to medium fields I would say a lightforce striker enforcer with a dimmer for larger fields I would say a lightforce Blitz enforcer with a dimmer plus a deben tracer 12v 22ah lithium battery ?

Edited by bunnyboiler
  • Like 2

I've got the 22amp lithum battery and I've yet too drain the battery with one whole nights lamping and that's using a 100w light force if your only out for 2/3 hours I would go with the smalle pack think you would be wasting your money if you got the 22 amp pack if your doing 6 hours lamping def the 22 amp but any less would not bother

I have a Cluson LED Lazer lite - very powerful beam on this lamp. The battery is a 9ah Lithium made by a British company called Liberty batteries, It doesn't have the power gauge but is a lot cheaper than the deben ones at £65 it's not bad because the lamp is LED it drains less power so I think you might get 8 hours of light out of it but I will have to test it out this season over a couple of nights its easily done 3/4 hours no problem.

The battery is fairly small and lightweight and just goes into a bum bag thing round your waist you can get them from millets, and your good to go as I said it is a great light on big fields I would like to see it next to some of the handheld ones to see the difference. Very sturdy made as always with Cluson

DCBA3CE8-5BF0-43AB-86FA-D00D2B488B88_zps

DD1209A7-099C-4A97-A5B6-0571AB0BE8A8_zps

Edited by straight2hand

Im also a Cluson fan. Well built and good wiring. Mine is a blazerlite with 100w bulb, metal reflector. It also has a hinged red filter. I use 9a lithium battery that is easily held in coat pockets. They weigh nothing,so i take two but rarely need a spare.

Ive noticed these new cordless lamps dont seem to have filters,why is that?

• Like 1

Im also a Cluson fan. Well built and good wiring. Mine is a blazerlite with 100w bulb, metal reflector. It also has a hinged red filter. I use 9a lithium battery that is easily held in coat pockets. They weigh nothing,so i take two but rarely need a spare.

I have the Cluson lazer lite as well (hallogen) but I put a 100w bulb in it and changed to the metal reflector myself so it is the blazerlite DIY style! and the swivel mount like yours! To be honest I thought I had better move with the times! so got the LED but we DIY a cord on the filter so you can just pop it off as there is no swivel mount on these ones. not sure why they don't use filters I have to with this it's very powerful

If you've got the little hand held cordless one .. There's really no point investing in a 170 or smaller because they are basically the same ..

Always go to the biggest you can I've run the 22ah out and a 10ah on the same night just depends how much work you got for the particular night ..

But on the same ground I couldn't run the Deben 150 led cordless lamp .. Strange I know but I'll never by a lithium battery again I'm just waiting for them to do a blitz in the cordless led

Cluson do sell em with filter pal
think he was getting at that their fuxking useless with one on lmao

I got a lithium iron phosphate battery from https://www.batterymasters.co.uk/Product-Li7-12,-12v-7Ah-Lithium-Iron-Phosphate,-LiFePO4-Battery,-Charger-Included.-L%28mm%29-W%28mm%29-H%28mm%29-151-65-98_2248.aspx I use it with a cluson 100w blazerlite, but you could use it with any 12v lamp. The 7Ah battery I have is the same size as the the old 7Ah sealed lead acid battery, but much lighter. According to the web, Lithium Iron Phosphate is an improvement on Lithium Ion batteries because they are less fussy about charging cycles and are safer ie less likely to catch fire when on charge.