How Much Interest Would There Be In New Mk1 Finders?

Just curiosity at the moment gents.

How much interest would there be in a new mk 1 style ferret finder & collars if they were commercially available?

How much would you be willing to pay?

How likely would you be to actually buy one?

A few people have been on here over the years Cam thinking of doing the same thing,one I remember was well into it,sourced materials etc from china,if I remember right,apparently there was a problem due to Deben having no serial no,s on circuit board or electronic parts making them difficult to replicate,and I think he gave up.Personally I wouldn't swap my MK3 for half a dozen MK1,s.I hated mine at first,it does take some getting used to,I think that might be why some try them briefly and hate them....reverting back to the MK1,s.....Theres deffo room on the market for an alternative,far cheaper,nobody seems to want to develop something different .

• Like 4

This has come about after a mate of mine who has a product made overseas found out how much the mk3 was!

He was interested in the possibility of having something simple knocked up that could be sold for a fair bit less but obviously wanted to know of there was a market for it

This has come about after a mate of mine who has a product made overseas found out how much the mk3 was!

He was interested in the possibility of having something simple knocked up that could be sold for a fair bit less but obviously wanted to know of there was a market for it

While this is a good place to start out a feasibility study, it is only a fraction of the people who actually use locators. It is never going to be a big seller because of it's application. That is one of the main reasons that no viable options have materialised over the years, cost to set up production verses possible return.

There would be a market for such a box but as stated above it would be limited.

TC

• Like 1

Why hasn't a collar like the bellman and flint one for terriers been devised ( I have now got the patent on it cause I mentioned it first), that way the box wether it be a bellman box or one of the many avalance transceivers can be used for both terriers and ferrets making it cheaper still!!!