Best Small Van?

Well I stuffed my Jimny today and it'll prob be a right off.

Don't need the 4wd much now there's no vehicles allowed on the moor so I'm gonna get a van.

Something like a connect or a partner size with a side door so I can chuck my bike in as well as dogs and stuff.

Seen a few threads on here but never been a diesel lover although that's the route I'll have to go down most likely.

Got a budget of about 2 grand so looking at between 04 to 08 plate vehicles I expect.

Whose running vans of these ages and what's your views?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers, D.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My one is 2002....Pretty old, The new ones I am unsure...My friend has a vegetable business and bought three 2002 models brand new which he drover into the ground, the last done 310,000 - He replaced

Berlingo 1.9 - Mine has done 260,000 no bother, still going...It has no window winders, doesn't lock, no speakers, but it has done 260,000 miles and never stopped...Took me everywhere hunting with the

Berlingo or Peugeot partner hdi twin sliding doors.good ground clearance.

Posted Images

Berlingo 1.9 - Mine has done 260,000 no bother, still going...It has no window winders, doesn't lock, no speakers, but it has done 260,000 miles and never stopped...Took me everywhere hunting with the dogs, carried everything from deer to concrete blocks....It beat a snow plough in a heavy drift on the mountain, got out of the bog when a discovery was towed, I crashed it into a river and its still going....no breather, pipes hanging off everywhere, exhaust made from welding rods....Unbeatable!

• Like 5

Berlingo 1.9 - Mine has done 260,000 no bother, still going...It has no window winders, doesn't lock, no speakers, but it has done 260,000 miles and never stopped...Took me everywhere hunting with the dogs, carried everything from deer to concrete blocks....It beat a snow plough in a heavy drift on the mountain, got out of the bog when a discovery was towed, I crashed it into a river and its still going....no breather, pipes hanging off everywhere, exhaust made from welding rods....Unbeatable!

Lol that sounds like the old hilux off top gear. Can't be killed. Haha.

What reg is that? Are the newer berlingos as good? 2010-2012 shape?

Iv been looking for a van for a bit now been looking at caddys but think I'm gonna go with a berlingo as they have got 3 seats in the front, it will be just the ticket for getting the dogs in and the little lad in the middle seat ?? don't think you would get 3 big lads in it tho, anyone else got one ?

Iv been looking for a van for a bit now been looking at caddys but think I'm gonna go with a berlingo as they have got 3 seats in the front, it will be just the ticket for getting the dogs in and the little lad in the middle seat ?? don't think you would get 3 big lads in it tho, anyone else got one ?

My sisters fella has got one. It's tight for 3 people of any size to be honest unless one is a child or small woman.

I've looked at them myself. For how often there will be 3 in mine it doesn't really matter and when there is 3 it will be me, the missus (who's about 8 stone) and my little girl.

It's very rare I go out with more than one mate mooching or lamping so it would be sound I think.

I've got one.. 2013 plate..

I've squeezed 3 blokes in, not to comfortable lol.. Its alright for short runs though..

Its ok sized seat to put a kid on though..

Best van I've had. Had its first MOT never needed owt and does 60 odd mpg .

• Like 1

Only need two seats so no issue there, really want reliability tbh

Cheers, D.

post-3937-0-23566600-1472588502_thumb.jpg

post-3937-0-67058400-1472588673_thumb.jpg

Plenty room for bikes & dogs mate..

Loads of old berlingos knocking about with high miles so they must keep going..

• Like 1

I've had 4 bikes in the back..

Aye just standard size..

Ive had a sofa in the back , doors where not shut but held in with ratchet straps..

Edited by Giro
  • Like 1

My one is 2002....Pretty old, The new ones I am unsure...My friend has a vegetable business and bought three 2002 models brand new which he drover into the ground, the last done 310,000 - He replaced them all with new 1.6 HDI models and had a lot of trouble with them, so much so he traded them back for used 1.9 straight diesels, two still running

A lot of people say the 1.6 HDI isn't as good as the 2.0 litre, but its hard to say unless you have owned and put a few miles on any vehicle I think.

I know for sure the 1.9 straight is a tank! I even followed a Ford Ranger over a ploughed field in mine no problem at all!

Hold plenty of gear too

DSC_0014_zpsj7wenjli.jpg

• Like 9