What Is It

A pup out my last litter that a lad had, had something similar ,was after a heavy run, the vet was worried it had damaged its lungs running young.

Turned out something like a fungal infection if I remember right.

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Metacam is an anti inflammatory and has nothing to do with treating kennel cough ... As I thought she has worked to hard and strained ... A weeks rest and she will be fine ... Just build her fitness u

Over worked the dog mate more than likely strained ventricles of the lungs ... Did she has she coughed up some phlegmy looking stuff .......

Honey won't make any difference for a strain which is why she is coughing as its not and irritating cough ... Good grub to help her heal and rest for a week and she will be back to normal ... Very rar

Strange she was ok before the run....

How old is the dog ginger?

she's 3 1/2.seemed fine before she took off but the truth might be that i didn't notice it.must have been something wrong because i thought it was strange for her to let one get away.haha

just gave me some metacam to give her.probably caught it off a scabby bull x from a council estate.

Metacam is an anti inflammatory and has nothing to do with treating kennel cough ... As I thought she has worked to hard and strained ... A weeks rest and she will be fine ... Just build her fitness up slowly and it won't happen again ......

• Like 5

just gave me some metacam to give her.probably caught it off a scabby bull x from a council estate.

Metacam is an anti inflammatory and has nothing to do with treating kennel cough ... As I thought she has worked to hard and strained ... A weeks rest and she will be fine ... Just build her fitness up slowly and it won't happen again ......

i thought the same.so i'll just keep it sealed and use the honey and rest remedy.anything else to give her that will help.?.

• Like 1

Honey won't make any difference for a strain which is why she is coughing as its not and irritating cough ... Good grub to help her heal and rest for a week and she will be back to normal ... Very rarely a strain can become infected but as I said that's very rare ... Just keep an eye on her and once she is right build up her fitness steadily ... Apart from my dogs having to work all,year round this is another reason I have never let my dogs rest through the summer .......

• Like 2

It will be a grass seed/wheat husk. Get her to the vets

i read about that a couple of months ago.it's what i thought because she ran across some wheat stubbles to.told the vet my worry but she was convinced it's kennel cough but i told her she don't live in a kennel she lives in the house.

• Like 1